surrendering my LPN licenseRegister Today!
This is a discussion on surrendering my LPN license in Retired Nurses / Inactive Nurses, part of General Nursing ... I have surrendered my license due to health issues as well as disciplinary actions from the Board....by rhopew Jan 10I have surrendered my license due to health issues as well as disciplinary actions from the Board. I love nursing with my whole heart and hate that I have gotten myself into this situation. I am looking into other careers in the health field to pursue. My main goal in life is to help people and at this time I'm unsure of where to start looking. I was told that some careers may not let you sit for boards after you have completed a program. I'm wondering if there are any other nurses or "former" nurses who have been able to sit for boards in another area of the medical field while having "relinquished" their Nursing licensure.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=807538©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,665 Views
- Jan 22 by nervousnurseI don't know the answer to your question, but just wanted to say I'm sorry this happened to you, especially since you love nursing so much! Hope you find something soon!!!
- Jan 23 by rhopewThank you so much... as long as i can find a career in helping people i know that i will love it as much as i have nursing. I'm starting to find a few answers so i know my future isn't completely over
- Jan 24 by cheryl954I can understand part of what you are going through. I was a nurse for over 30 years before I had to give it up for health reason. I loved nursing and could not see myself doing anything else. About a year after I was off work, I decided I still wanted to work in the medical field. Since I could no longer work as a nurse, I went back to school and obtained a degree in Medical Billing and Coding. This will let me work in the medical field and be able to work from my home around my own schedule.
- Jan 25 by rhopewThank you i have thought about both of those areas as well. Because im also having issues with the B.O.N and this is a permanent surrender. Im lookin at a few different jobs which are certificate programs. Im not sure if this is different from having to sit for boards or not. Ive only been a nurse for 5 years and when my health issues started i started taking pain pills which obviously led to dependency issues as well. Im at such a loss at where to start my new future. I want to stay in the health care field and I want to be as active as i can be with helping and being around patients. I am so worried about not being able to get my C.O.A even if it is just for a certificate.
- Jan 27 by lumbarpainI am sure you will find something that is right for you. You have to think positively and focus on the good that WILL HAPPEN. YOu want to help people . God has a plan for you and I am sure its the right direction for you. He wouldnt waste the life of someone who wants to care for people deep in their heart. Good luck to you.
- May 20 by Katie13LPNYou could be a technician in the hospital I would think. I would look into something like that and then certify once you have a job.