Excelsior RN in new york - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 6, '10 by JDougRNCaffeineRX- COME ON UP!!!! It's beautiful up here! We just hired a girl from NYC, who is moving up here to get away from the city and take a job. The more the merrier! I'll be happy to introduce you to the wonders of "Cow tipping", and "Snipe hunting"- two things you just can't do in the city!
- Mar 6, '10 by caffeineRx------------------------Last edit by caffeineRx on Mar 13, '10
- Mar 6, '10 by JDougRNWell, the hospital I work at is union- I believe it is the best paying of the hospitals in our area. Decent benefits, pay rat I believe starting out without experience is 22+ Shift differential.But the cost of living in much better here than in NYC. You can buy a VERY nice house for under 100k- most of the time for much less- We have HUD repo homes for under 20k that are nice- Look up real estate in Utica or Mohawk Valley, or Rome- you would be amazed. AND- they most certainly do hire Excelsior grads
- Mar 6, '10 by sunrockIs this utica or albany, i have a home here, let me know, want to come up anyway, when i come back.
- Mar 7, '10 by caffeineRx-----------------Last edit by caffeineRx on Mar 12, '10
- Jun 10, '10 by StrawberryBananaWow JDoug, are you serious? Is it still like this? I also live in the metro area and I am DYING to get out. Although I never had upstate NY, in mind, it does sound nice . Just curious...how much could a new grad RN, from Excelsior, generally expect to start at? In NYC, I heard the average, now, is around $30-33/hr...but the prices are just insane here and the quality is going down the drain. I would love to live somewhere beautiful like upstate.
- Sep 10, '12 by bubbles907sunrock how is the search going? any luck im strongly considering excelsior since i live in westchester ny and just tired of the hoop jumping for an rn
- Sep 10, '12 by sunrockIt has been a while, I am in private duty nursing in yonkers, n.y . Clepping towards BSN, slowly, I am maxed out $ wise, may be can meet over coffee. Lol