Quote from 2007
I am a nursing student that has just begun clinicals at a Rehab/Physio/OT clinical site. I am wondering if anyone has advice for having a Rehab setting as sort of a classroom. What are some key concepts to know when working with rehab pts or any other advice you can share about clinicals and getting the best out of the learning experience. Thanks very much!
You probably know the answers already now! Here are just a few ideas...
1. Allow the patient to do as much for themself as they can... with much encouragement and support.
2. Help them work through their mistakes.
3. Always check their functional status on a daily basis as it's constantly changing (unlike LTC).
4. You'll learn a lot from working w/ each pt. You'll grow as they do!
5. Hope you'll learn to love rehab.