More than a YEAR!!Register Today!
This is a discussion on More than a YEAR!! in Registered Nurses: Diploma / ADN / BSN, part of General Nursing ... In 2010 I received my ADN, knowing that I wasn't finished I started researching RN-BSN programs....by Dee_RN Aug 16, '12In 2010 I received my ADN, knowing that I wasn't finished I started researching RN-BSN programs. Immediately most schools (online) said they took a yr to complete, but after further investigation those school in reality took 18-24 months! I wish now I would of just went straight for my BSN, because the hassle and time to enter into a bridge program is frustrating!! Has anyone attended a school that truly took a yr or less? Or am I gonna have to suck it up and just do the two years? I am looking to only enter online schools so that is probably part of my problem!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=772535©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 671 Views
- Aug 16, '12 by L8RRNMy BSN took 14 months through Chamberlain. All online and no clinical component.
- Aug 17, '12 by chucksterYou can complete the RN-BSN Academic Outreach program at Ohio University in a year IF: 1) You have all of the non-nursing pre-reqs (chem, bio, math, stats, social science, etc) and; 2) Are willing to double up on courses for a semester or two.
I started the program in the summer session last year and now have only two classes left that I will complete in the Fall semester. I should note that I was only willing to do one course at a time (courses are 5 weeks long and you can take 3 each semeseter) and you would need to double up, i. e., take 4 during the semester, to finish in a year. Quite a few of my classmates have done this. The plusses are that OU program is completely on-line, tuition is among the lowest out there and OU is fully accredited (CCNE and Middle States - important if you think you may go on for your MSN or DNP). The biggest minus is that the evaluation and admissions processes take longer than they should.Last edit by chuckster on Aug 17, '12
- Aug 17, '12 by Dee_RNI've looked into chamberlain, i don't know why I never looked into them. Ok thanks
- Aug 17, '12 by Dee_RNI didn't try OU because of the pre-reqs! I would have a ton to take!
- Aug 21, '12 by j9eRNI applied to OU and it literally took 6 weeks to hear anything. And, that was with calling to check on receipt or transcripts, and following up. I start October 1, so I hope the classes are not as bad as their admissions