Misdemeanor on record...does this affect me? (Bay Area, CA)
- 0Aug 13, '07 by LK25On the ohlone college website, it states that if you have been convicted of a crime other than a traffic violation...you may not to eligible to become an RN. Even if your record has been expunged, or you are in the process of getting it expunged(on probation), you still can't become an RN? I have 2 years left on my probation period and i am finishing pre-reqs for the nursing program at Chabot for a associates degree. Will having a misdemeanor on my record affect my admission to nursing programs at Chabot or Ohlone? Please let me know...any help is appreciated.
- 4,622 Views
- 0Aug 13, '07 by sirI Adminquestions we seem to be encountering more and more often have to do with the effects of a criminal history on nursing licensure:
- is it possible to become licensed as a nurse if you have a criminal history?
- is it possible to become licensed as a nurse if you have a dui or other related charges?
- what happens if you are charged or convicted of a crime after licensure?
- can i go to nursing school and/or be licensed if my record has been sealed or expunged?
- will i be able to go to nursing school with a criminal record?
- what can happen if i receive a dui/dwi or other charge while still in school?
please refer to this thread for other information:
nursing licensure with a criminal history