I got in!!! THANK GOD! (ADN)Register Today!
This is a discussion on I got in!!! THANK GOD! (ADN) in Registered Nurses: Diploma / ADN / BSN, part of General Nursing ... First of all, thank you to everyone that has ever posted on this website. I have come here for many...by tink0013 Mar 2, '12First of all, thank you to everyone that has ever posted on this website. I have come here for many questions in the past. So thank you everyone for such amazing advice.
After waiting for three days I finally got the envelope in the mail yesterday! My husband is currently deployed, and I wish he was there, but I wanted until he called. Together we opened it, and I was astounded to see my acceptance letter. I have busted my butt for two years to get in and have dreamed of this! I waited to get all my core classes done, so all I have are the ADN classes and I'll continue to work on my core class for my BSN until the program starts in November.
I am happy to say I am the first of five brothers, three sisters and two sets of grandparents to attend college. So this really means a lot to me.
So does anyone have any advice for what to expect over these next two years? I'm really anxious, and our orientation isn't until June! Again, thank you to everyone that has taken the time to write back on posts on this forum.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=681262©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Mar 2, '12 by Been there,done thatFirst of all... Congratulations!!
I remember that day well. It was a lot of work to get there, but your real work is ahead of you.
Nursing school requires your mind , body , and soul. Take advantage of forming a study group and get additional tutoring if you feel weak in any area.
Good luck, I truly hope this generation will get the respect nurses deserve.
- Mar 4, '12 by ms.babyspiel217GOOD LUCK!!! ; )
- Mar 4, '12 by MN-NurseQuote from tink0013Wait until a few months of nursing school, you are gonna wish you were deployed too!After waiting for three days I finally got the envelope in the mail yesterday! My husband is currently deployed, and I wish he was there,.
Just kidding. (Kinda.)
Congratulations and good luck!
- Mar 4, '12 by tink0013Thanks everyone
- Mar 5, '12 by Bortaz, RNCongrats from another "first in the family to attend college"!
- Mar 5, '12 by CathyladyThat is a giant of a dog you have. The picture is a bit small, is it a Great Dane?
Congratulations, you deserve it.
- Mar 5, '12 by Mom To 4Crongratulations! I pray there are jobs available when you are finished.
- Mar 14, '12 by joan33Hello everyone,
I need some help regarding my application as a Director of LVN program in a college, I am in the Stae of California, and in order to be approved by the California LVN board to become a Director for LVN students in a college I would need to have a course/courses in instruction in ADMINISTRATION, and the requirement for approval doesn't necessarily need Master's degree, as stated in their website, they only require Baccalaureate degree, so if there's anyone who can help me how to find a school or class or CEU's that offer instruction in administration please let me know. I am an RN with BSN degree but without masters degree.
- Mar 14, '12 by GitanoRN
congratulations!!! on your latest accomplishment...as i wish you the best in all of your future endeavors...aloha~