Do your co-workers know if you are an ADN or BSN nurse?Register Today!
- by EmilyEmily Feb 2do they know if you have an ADN or BSN?? do you think its important that they know
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=812936©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Feb 2 by roser13Some facilities note degrees on your name badge. Others simply note your designation: RN, for example. It usually only comes up in casual conversation with fellow nurses. I've never actually heard a nurse ask anyone else what type of degree he or she has.
And no, it's not important to me whether anyone knows my degree, nor does it matter to me what anyone else's degree is. We're all RN's.
- Feb 2 by Orange TreeMost of mine know that I have an ADN. I wouldn't say it's important that they know, but it's a pretty basic part of getting to know each other in the nursing world.
- Feb 2 by dah dohIt's on my badge. No, it's not important, just a facility requirement.
- Feb 2 by KelRN215When you work with people you tend to talk about things like where you went to school. When I tell people where I went to school, they can figure out that I have a BSN. My hospital also denoted "RN, BSN" on the name badges of nurses who had their BSNs. I did know what degrees most of my coworkers had as well as any certifications (like CPN, CPON, etc) because those were listed on their badges as well.
- Feb 2 by PinkNBlueIt's not on our name badges... they know because I tell them.. I'm an ADN nurse, planning to eventually go back for my BSN but at our hospital, there's no difference in an ADN vs BSN.
- Feb 2 by pghnurse527We know because we discuss it openly, but it is also listed on our badges.
- Feb 2 by pghnurse527Quote from PinkNBlueWhat exactly do you mean there is no difference? They are two separate degrees.It's not on our name badges... they know because I tell them.. I'm an ADN nurse, planning to eventually go back for my BSN but at our hospital, there's no difference in an ADN vs BSN.
- Feb 2 by monkeybugQuote from EmilyEmilyMy job requires a BSN, so they know just by virtue of me being there.do they know if you have an ADN or BSN?? do you think its important that they know
- Feb 2 by PinkNBlueQuote from pghnurse527Yes, I am aware of that. In my hospital, there is no difference. We all have RN on our badge and there is no pay difference.What exactly do you mean there is no difference? They are two separate degrees.