Children's Hospitals who require a BSNRegister Today!
- by mackjax Jul 18, '12Are there any Children's Hospitals (freestanding pediatric centers) who require a baccalaureate degree for their nurses?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=759487©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jul 18, '12 by ENicuRNCincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Jul 21, '12 by KelRN215Boston Children's does for its new grads. Most children's hospitals are in major metropolitan areas and most are teaching hospitals so I'd say it's likely that a large number of them do require or at least prefer BSN.
- Jul 21, '12 by llgI think most of them prefer BSN's -- even if they don't necessarily "require" it in all cases.
- Jul 21, '12 by Kidrn911It's the stupid Magnet status hospitals that do.
- Jul 23, '12 by mackjaxThanks for your response- but why the adversity to Magnet status? I am a little new to it.
- Jul 27, '12 by KelRN215Quote from mackjaxMagnet is the biggest scam in nursing. I worked for the aforementioned magnet hospital for close to 5 years and in no way does it meet any of the magnet criteria.Thanks for your response- but why the adversity to Magnet status? I am a little new to it.
- Aug 2, '12 by HouTxTexas Children's (Houston) only hires BSN new grads. I was told that they are working toward all-BSN by hiring mostly BSN staff - with some exceptions for highly qualified nurses.