Type of Urinary Catheter for pediatric VCUGRegister Today!
- by Vicki_RN Aug 30, '10Hi,
We are evaluating our current practice of using sterile feeding tubes for pediatric VCUG's (5 and 8 fr). The radiologists prefer them because they work well and have no balloons, but I was wondering if others were using something different.
- Nov 11, '10 by jeneiserI have worked in outpatient and inpatient areas and have not used any other tube but sterile infant feeding tubes to cath pediatric patients for a VCUG. If there is anything different out there, I don't know of it. Don't "reinvent wheel" if it still works.
- Apr 14, '11 by NicuGalIf your hospital is a stickler for not using things "Off label" like ours, we use UriCath sets and I know that our radiology does too.
- Apr 14, '11 by jeneiserThanks for the information, I will have to look into that for evaluation and future reference.
- Jun 15, '11 by CAVER RNWe use feeding tubes.