Radiology nurse certificationRegister Today!
- by radnurse1963 Jul 26, '07Has anyone taken this certification and can you give advise on study materials...I was going to take it this October
- Jul 26, '07 by DutchgirlRNQuote from radnurse1963You should find everything you need here: https://www.arna.net/dmdocuments/RNCB_Guidelines.pdfHas anyone taken this certification and can you give advise on study materials...I was going to take it this October
- Jul 27, '07 by radnurse1963Thank You..yes I'm a frequent vistor to the ARNA web site......I was hoping to hear from anyone that has taken this exam already that could offer any suggestions and or comments...I have the core curriculum book on Rad. Nursing so far to study from...thanks
- Jul 27, '07 by jer_sdI took the exam 4 years ago and passed. It was a good ballanced exam. I had a hard time with some of the radiation onocology and MRI questions since I did not work in that area. But overall it is not an exam desined to trick you. I had to calculate an ABI in my head, know about mri magnet strength, then basic concepts of radiation saftey. I cant rememeber much else in particular.
- Apr 16, '09 by RadNurse55Quote from radnurse1963I just recently found this post.....did you do well on the certification exam? I thought it was hard, but not impossible. Where do you practice? I am in Bradenton, FL and work for an HCA facility. I love working in Medical Imaging, always something new to learn or do.Thank You..yes I'm a frequent vistor to the ARNA web site......I was hoping to hear from anyone that has taken this exam already that could offer any suggestions and or comments...I have the core curriculum book on Rad. Nursing so far to study from...thanks
- Apr 21, '09 by Radnurse54I took the exam 4 years ago and passed it. I used and overused the core curriculum book which was the first one, I do believe there is a new edition now available. It is helpful to have working knowledge of MRI, Radiation Oncology, Heart Cath, Stress Test, Nuclear Medicine, as well as the usual IR, CT, US procedures.
Also, understanding contrast issues in CT as well as MRI is good.
- Apr 27, '09 by tinnnkThis is for Radnurse55, hello I found you here and I am also from Bradenton, started in Radiology in October 2007..........boy is it different, but I needed to keep my synapses going after working in OPS for almost 10 yrs doing pretesting for surgery.....We also do PICC/MID line insertions..............would love to chat sometime......I have thought about taking the exam but I need more practice at what I am doing, sounds like a tough exam, but that would be something to have under my belt.......I've done L & D, Med/Surg, OPS pretest and now this..................very interesting. Been in Bradenton going on 18 yrs.....how about you?
Last edit by dianah on Apr 27, '09 : Reason: Removed name, as naming names is TOS (Terms of Service) violation
- Apr 27, '09 by RadNurse55Hi, Tinnnk,
I have been in Bradenton almost 31 years and have worked at Blake for 25 yrs. I have worked at Manatee off and on. I would be glad to talk to you any time. I am in my office weekdays 6am to 2:30pm , PM me for the number. I think you would do fine taking the test if you look over the core curriculum book available from ARIN. The book pretty much guides you through everything and experience helps a lot. Please let me know if I can be of assistance. Some facilities are starting to require their Radiology Nurses to be certified. I look forward to speaking with you.
CherylLast edit by dianah on Apr 27, '09 : Reason: Removed phone number, as posting phone number is TOS (Terms of Service) violation
- Apr 27, '09 by tinnnknot sure how to PM you??????