QI as masters degree ?? yes or no ??Register Today!
- by Nursing.is.an.ART Nov 17, '06Hey all ...
i would like to ask ,, is there a masters degree in QI .. if there is .. under which college ??? Management ??
Where is it best in the States ???
- 2,430 Views
- Nov 25, '06 by zahryiaUmm, not that I know of. There are operational engineers, but that's not what your talking about.
I find a lot of QI professionals have a masters in public health, business or nursing or even just a BSN. You might want to look into getting your CPHQ.
- Dec 23, '06 by outcomesfirstAlso consider looking into clinical research management.
- Jan 3, '07 by OtessaI would consider a MPH or MBA in Healthcare
- Dec 16, '07 by ltcconsultantGeorge Mason University has a postgrad certificate in QI that can used as a cognate in a MHA. They have put the coursework online at http://gunston.gmu.edu/healthscience/
It's a decent resource for QI information. A masters combined with a CPHQ is very impressive, but the CPHQ alone should suffice.