How to learn Hedis in order to apply for jobsRegister Today!
- by neatnurse30 Nov 30, '11I recently read a lot about QI/QA on this forum and this nursing specialty sounds so interesting. I really want to get away from the bedsite care nursing. My friend recently got a job with a healthcare insurance as a Utilization Review Nurse ( or something like that) and is very happy, she will also get a full training. I just saw an ad in my area for Hedis Nurse Reviewer and Utilization Review Nurse, they want acute care experience ( which I do - 6 years of med-surg), and Hedis knowledge is preferred/big plus. I don't know anything about Hedis, and am not sure if they will be willing to train me appropriately. I'm so confused if I should have applied for these jobs. The job for Hedis Nurse Reviewer involves travelling to Md/hospital offices and I don't understand quite what I would be doing exactly.
Of those of you who work in that field- do you recommend reading certain books or getting specific certifications for these types of jobs? How do I learn Hedis before the job?
- 12,477 Views
- Dec 12, '11 by rachaelgarnHi. I am a project manager for a HEDIS project. i see this post is from last month, so i dont know if you got the answers you are looking for, or not. HEDIS is how health insurance companies get accredited. you can visit the NCQA website for more information. it is a quality assurance program. If you are trying to get a very flexible job, HEDIS is it. Our company (as do most of our kind) does a complete training, all you need to know is how to read charts, medical terminology and such. This is why we generally prefer nurses. you go out to the doctors office and look through the charts that they pulled for you and find the data.
- Jan 7, '12 by desertflower100You should just apply. I just got hired with no HEDIS experience, hurry though HEDIS season is starting very soon.
- Dec 12, '12 by dustarhi good day everyone!
I wanna ask how can I get HEDIS training? I want to take this opportunity. I dont know where i can get this kind of training ..Thank you for ur time.
- Jan 8 by titilayo10hi, i also need information on where i can get hedis trainning in md. i applied to a lot of places but i was told i need to have the knowldge.