Core Measures Data AnalysisRegister Today!
- by cstolle May 2, '08I am new to this forum and I noticed quite a few questions about Core Measures so I thought I would pass this along. If you are interested in learning how to analyze the Core Measures data for quality improvement there is a symposium "Leveraging Core Measures Data For Quality Improvement" that teaches you how. The website is www.hcqis.com. Best wishes.
- 5,982 Views
- May 5, '08 by QIAdvocateWOW! This symposium looks great. Thank you very much for sharing this: I would have never found it. This looks like just what we need. While our Core Measure performance is similar to other hospitals - we want to be among the best. And we know that we are not using the data we collect, but none of us knows how. I'm planning on sending two people. Thanks again!!
- May 5, '08 by NikkinuThank you so much for posting this! I knew there had to be something like this out there, and I couldn't understand why I couldn't find it!
- May 7, '08 by QIAdvocateYesterday I heard the instructor of this symposium speak at the ASQ Healthcare Conference and he was fantastic. He spoke about using value stream management to improve patient flow. And he is an excellent speaker and instructor. He delivered the material in a very easy to understand manner. I spooke with him about the core measures symposium and he informed me that it is designed for individuals that have little or no understanding of data analysis and that the content is extremely user friendly. After hearing him I can't wait to hear him on the core measures topic.
- May 19, '08 by SixSigmaI have been told this symposium is recruiting a few individuals to attend free for feeback purposes. My suggestion is to send an email from the website www.hcqis.com to inquire about attending free if you are interested.
I am a Six Sigma Black Belt and this course looks very good. It appears even better than the training I received: easier to understand and more comprehensive. Prior to receiving Six Sigma training we did not do anything with the Core Measures data other than get reports from our vendor. What I learned is that there is so much more you can do with the data that is very helpul if you know how. Kudos to those that developed this symposium: it is greatly needed.
- May 19, '08 by NikkinuThanks for posting this - I've e-mailed them to see if they have any slots open at no charge. Our budget for the year is long gone for educational things, and I didn't really apply for anything because I didn't think there was anything out there. Of course, with gas at $4/gallon, it will still cost a bit, but I'm willing to pay it - this seminar sounds like a good opportunity for networking in addition to the great agenda items.