Trach patient in SNF?Register Today!
- by LTC-Nurse Feb 25, '11I was just wondering if it's okay to have a patient with a trach in SNF due to no beds being available in a subacute unit. Any input?
- Feb 26, '11 by tewdlesDepends upon the facility...
- Feb 26, '11 by GreyGullDepends on the facility. We generally bump our patients to a SNF with their trach from the Subacute once the ventilator is weaned. Or they might go to a Rehab that takes trachs depending on their PT tolerance hours.
- Feb 27, '11 by NursebarebariMy first job as a nurse in NYwas in a nursing home. We had one big unit just for pulmonary patients, 24 ventilator beds, and the rest were for trach collar and other copd patients. Hope this help.
- Mar 10, '11 by dmc_rrtCuffless, trached pt's should be able to go to any floor or facility, as long as proper education has been given to the staff.