Pulmonary HypertensionRegister Today!
- by Franemtnurse Aug 6, '06Does anyone know what the S/S of Pulmonary Hypertension are? I was diagnosed with it along with CHF, COPD, blah blah blah the last time I was in the hospital, and now it getting to be a literal pain. It woke me up this morning, and is why I'm about ready to poop out, and go to sleep. Please let me know if you have any knowledge on it.
- Aug 6, '06 by TraumaShortness of breath (dyspnea). Initially, you may notice that you're short of breath only when you exert yourself physically, but eventually you may be short of breath most of the time, even when you're at rest.
Dizziness or fainting spells (syncope).
Chest pressure or pain.
Swelling (edema) in your ankles, legs and eventually in your abdomen (ascites).
Bluish color to your lips and skin (cyanosis).
Racing pulse or heart palpitations.
I take it your Pulmonary hypertension is secondary due to your CHF and COPD diagnosis? Are you being treated for those diagnosis? Secondary Pulmonary Hypertension is treated by treating the cause and not the PHTN itself. Primary PHTN(unknown origin,idiopathic) is treated with pharmacological agents aimed at reducing the pressure. Hope this helps.
- Aug 6, '06 by FranemtnurseThank ya hunny. Heh, I even get sob when I use the bedside commode. Now I know why the pain is increasing too. I give you an a+ sir. No wonder I feel like I'm a mobile pharmacy. Nyea nyea on you, PH.:lol_hitti Now I need lots of hugs:icon_hug: Will you give me one? I promise you I'm harmless.
- Aug 7, '06 by Daytonitehere's some websites where you can read up on pulmonary hypertension:
http://www.fpnotebook.com/cv155.htm (there are more links in family practice notebook that you can click on to explore the information)
http://www.fpnotebook.com/cv156.htm - causes
http://www.fpnotebook.com/cv157.htm - diagnosis
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000112.htm - primary pulmonary hypertension
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/p...ertension.html - from medline plus, a page of links to lots more information about pulmonary hypertension for you to explore
- Aug 9, '06 by rninmeQuote from Franemtnurse:icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_hug: Lots of hugs to you!!Thank ya hunny. Heh, I even get sob when I use the bedside commode. Now I know why the pain is increasing too. I give you an a+ sir. No wonder I feel like I'm a mobile pharmacy. Nyea nyea on you, PH.:lol_hitti Now I need lots of hugs:icon_hug: Will you give me one? I promise you I'm harmless.
- Aug 9, '06 by FranemtnurseQuote from rninmeThank you sweetie. I felt every one. And I have had or do have all of the chest critters that go along with it. No more no more God please.:icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_hug: Lots of hugs to you!!
- Jul 21, '07 by VickyRNGreat article chock full of latest evidence-based information: