Hello, pulm nurses. With winter on its way, and the inevitable increase in woodsmoke caused by home fireplaces, I wonder what you see in terms of COPD exac., increased time in acute care or ICU, increased ER visits, etc. Is this viewed as a serious concern in those cold parts of the country? Here in California, it's not even that cold, but people insist upon burning wood in their toxic little fireplaces, not thinking about the detriment to the planet and their neighbors. I don't have to tell you how prevalent asthma has become in the pedi population. Just wondering if other nurses give this a thought and what those thought are.