Convincing a male to wear a condom? - Page 4Register Today!
- Jun 12 by laceymI love this question! I haven't read all the responses, but I thought I would chime in as a previous Sex Educator working with Sex Trade Workers and young men locked up. A great tool to get is a condom comebacks wheel given out by the Dept of Health in Sacramento, and I am sure you can find it online (available in Spanish too!). Teaching not just women but also men the tips on how to put on a condom in certain ways...such as with the mouth (takes practice) and also not having the person who has to wear it put it on helps tremendously. Giving tips such as adding lube to the inside (not too much or it will slide off) and making sure it is all the way unrolled (sometimes unrolling and lifting it up to continue to unroll completely helps with the whole uncomfy tight condom feeling). It is all about body language and tone of voice when talking about condom use during acts of sex. Every 10 seconds a teenager in this country gets some kind of STI- so kids, stay in school for a few hours to lower your risk The teens really liked doing condom relay races starting from taking a condom from an appropriate storage site (ie altoids box NOT A WALLET) checking the expiration date all the way to adding lubrication on the outside tip....condoms are so important and such an underused resource with ALL AGES!
But on another note, this post seems to go from safe sex to rape/abuse-which is not really where it usually goes when two people disagree on condom use, just my opinion. Also, sex is a really touchy subject for ALL people and we all need to remember we do not have halos on our heads and be careful on how we respond to people's posts in regards to this subject.
- Jun 12 by laceymoh by the way, there is a condom wizard site that has this measuring device to make your one of a kind condom-not too bad of a price, but let's face it, not everyone has the ability (intellectually/physically/financially) to use this resource....
- Jun 12 by wish_me_lucklacey, I love it. I looked online. Here is a link to make a condom comeback wheel--I will have to look into making one or finding a pre-made one. Yes, I agree about the thread. My question has nothing to do with rape. The size thing was just an example of one reason that just saying "no condom, no sex" is not that easy.
Last edit by wish_me_luck on Jun 12
- Jun 12 by ♪♫ in my ♥OP, I understand that the intent of your question didn't pertain to rape.
What took me there was just your example of the danger of a small woman needing to fend off a larger man which seems like the initial sequence of rape..... and a situation which seemed to me to be unrelated to condom-use request.
It was not my intention to divert your thread. I'm pleased that you've received some helpful suggestions.
- Jun 12 by blackvans1234Like I always say, you can fix ugly but ya can't fix stupid!
- Jun 12 by Adele_Michal7Quote from loriangel14Kinda what I was thinking...Why would you get into a car with or go to the house of someone you barely know?
Quote from AltraYeah... If you have to convince someone to wear one maybe you shouldn't be sleeping with them.
I think you're missing the underlying total lack of concern present in a man's mind ... if the threat of pregnancy, fatherhood and/or sexually transmitted infections AND/OR the expressed desire of his female partner for him to wear a condom isn't enough to "convince" him ... no magic education from a nurse is going to change that.
- Jun 12 by woohQuote from Adele_Michal7Yes, and if you have to sleep with him despite your expressed desire not to, that's rape. And women need to understand that. Men need to understand that. People need to understand that.Yeah... If you have to convince someone to wear one maybe you shouldn't be sleeping with them.