12 hour shifts in public health?Register Today!
- by Queen2u Jul 4I absolutely love having my 3 days on 4 days off schedule working on the floor, but I am looking to get into public health nursing. Is there a such thing as having 3 days on 4 days off in public health?
- Jul 4 by mclennanHighly doubtful. Most PHN jobs are with municipal departments and thus M-F, 8-5. I was a PHN for 4 years and that was my schedule, and every PHN's schedule I knew.
- Jul 4 by Belle1005Unless you want to be OPS (part time), no benefits. You'll make a few dollars more an hour but work about three days a week.
- Jul 5 by tewdlesIn some rural areas, Alaska for example, the PHNs travel to villages to provide their services.
As one might imagine, it is hard to maintain "bankers hours" when practicing like that. I do believe that they are primarily M-F, 8-4:30 though, even here.
- Aug 1 by GraceNotesSome of our PH nurses work 3 days. Prorated vaca, sick leave & same low hourly rate as full time.