Words and phrases that I didn't know before I became a psych nurse - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 7, '12 by LilPitaCFS - contract for safety
Sin Eater - my favorite, which is not a clinical term...someone once called me it, as we absorb all of these patients' stories about awful pasts filled with horrible things day after day after day. Takes a lot of strength and shows a lot of character.
- Oct 7, '12 by Mandychelle79Perservates ( finally have a word that describes what my daughter does)
Repeated fecal smearing
- Oct 8, '12 by MrChicagoRNQuote from MeriwhenUnfortunately, most people misuse it, applying it to just about anyone with a personality d/o...or to a patient they just dislike.Most of the time the person cuts straight to chase and says, "it's a borderline." That one little word can convey so much.
- Oct 8, '12 by MeriwhenQuote from MrChicagoRNDefinitely agree with you...that's one of my pet peeves, actually.Unfortunately, most people misuse it, applying it to just about anyone with a personality d/o...or to a patient they just dislike.
- Oct 10, '12 by RN_KrisB-52 (Benadryl/Haldol/Ativan IM)
- Oct 10, '12 by chevyvQuote from RN_Krisoooooo, good one. I'm gonna have to remember this one.B-52 (Benadryl/Haldol/Ativan IM)
- Oct 10, '12 by MeriwhenQuote from RN_KrisWe call it The Three AmigosB-52 (Benadryl/Haldol/Ativan IM)