Psychiatric diagnosis meaning?Register Today!
- by Kathy Ann Oct 27, '12I have a patient with an Axis 1 diagnosis of BADI MRE depresses with SI.. The Axis II diagnosis is mild MR, borderline PD. I understand the Axis II diagnosis but I'm clueless on the Axis 1.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=794556©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,404 Views
- Oct 27, '12 by marydcI read it as: Bipolar Affective Disorder (type) 1. Most Recent Episode Depressed with Suicidal Ideation.
- Oct 27, '12 by Kathy AnnThank you so much! Why did I not know that? Lol
- Oct 27, '12 by Whisperabecause it was so abbreviated most people would have NO idea what it means! including me!
- Oct 27, '12 by amoLuciaAnother reason why abbreviations are so troublesome and should be avoided as much as possible.
- Oct 29, '12 by MeriwhenQuote from amoLuciaIt also doesn't help that abbreviations used often vary among facilities :/Another reason why abbreviations are so troublesome and should be avoided as much as possible.