Im getting conflicting info on levels... anyone know what a true lith level is when its toxic? over 1.2?
Also, what symptoms do you see? have u seen any patients with true lithium toxicity? What did it look like clinically?
thanks in advance
Sep 8, '08
Most docs consider 1.5 to be the higest safe level. LiCo3 has initial signs of N/V & diarrhea for toxicity. It progresses to confusion, loss of balance, and verbal gibberish. I saw a man once with a 2.3 level, naked, crawling around the room, barking like a dog. If you recognise it early, and hold a couple doses (with Dr's OK) it will pass in a day or two. There is no permanent damage.
Last edit by sanctuary on Sep 8, '08
: Reason: spelling