Spilled coffee on nurses notes and other thingsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Spilled coffee on nurses notes and other things in Private Duty Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... I don't know how it got there,but there are drops of coffeeon my signed nurses notes. I have a...by smartnurse1982 Aug 15, '10I don't know how it got there,but there are drops of coffeeon my signed nurses notes. I have a feeling the answer is yes,but do I have to turn them in that way or write new ones and have the client re sign them? Also,do you guys ever turn in notes with milk drops on them,crumbled up notes,etc? Does your agency care about those things or not?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=498026©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Aug 15, '10 by tothepointeLVNYeah occasionally I've had to turn in notes that got formula on them and scrunched by the pt as I was writing them. Never had any complaints about them
- Aug 16, '10 by KyasiYou wouldn't believe what is on some of the documents turned into our agency. A few drops of coffee or formula is ok but sometimes I can't determine what it is and feel the need for gloves before I touch them! Some look like a whole cup of coffee or fruit juice was spilled on it and is so discolored that they are illegible. Those we ask that the employee rewrite. I had one employee that constantly turned in papers with a purple oily stain all over them. I asked her what it was and she said she didn't know, she just throws them on the floor of her car and someone must have spilled some oil or transmission fluid there. I suggested that she get a folder and keep them on her car seat instead. I do not want to be a passenger in her car!
- Sep 1, '10 by caliotter3I've been tempted to rewrite notes but have luckily been able to get away with a spot or smear here and there. My client's little toddler brother tore a note the other day but fortunately he only got the field chart copy along the edge.
- Sep 1, '10 by tothepointeLVNI've come on duty more than once to find the mother has let her child tear through all the supplies draw and everything is messed up. I switched to just having a small folder with the 485 the med sheets and a couple of weeks worth of notes keeping the big folder in the cupboard
- Sep 1, '10 by caliotter3Quote from tothepointeLVNGood idea. Sometimes you have to be proactive where the parents are not.I've come on duty more than once to find the mother has let her child tear through all the supplies draw and everything is messed up. I switched to just having a small folder with the 485 the med sheets and a couple of weeks worth of notes keeping the big folder in the cupboard