Young mom & pre nursing student - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 6, '12 by allysonpaige6Im 22 and have a 1 year old. Im not single parent but my husband leaves for a year in Cuba (He's Army) so Im sure once he leaves things will get a lot harder trying to balance everything.
- Jun 6, '12 by vintagemotherQuote from dedicated2HelpPretty much same story for me: I'll be 33 this month, had my first as a teenager and in some ways wish I'd obtained a career sooner, because it would be a little easier for me to take care of my kids in the manner I desire now. I have friends my age who have been RN's for many years now and they earn $50-$67/hr. That's my motivation and it can be yours, too.You rock!
I'm 33 and wish I would have done this at your age. I had my son at an early age and now i just had my daughter in 2010. I think of what I could have contributed to his life, had I started sooner. So much kudos to you for just making this decision. If you haven't heard it yet...from one mama to another "im proud of you!" and so will your kids.
So, I am proud of you too and want to say that you can do it!
- What's your current update?Last edit by JannyB on Aug 18, '12
- I know im late on this post but im a beginner I start my cna class this Thursday I had my daughter when I was 18 currently 19 I have a long way to go to be an rn so looking forward to the good & bad!!!
- Aug 18, '12 by afterseasonI was taking my pre-nursing classes at 21/ 22 as a single mom to a toddler. I'm now 24, engaged, added another kiddie to my family, and am in my RN program. I also work part-time. Have faith -- you can do it!
- was that a post to her?
- Aug 19, '12 by KatsmeowI can totally relate. I'm 18 and have a 1 year old. She is my everything and my motivation to follow my dream of being a nurse. She has helped me mature a lot and discover a more sensitive side of me I didn't know existed. Leaving her to go to class or work is hard but I know I am doing what is best! And my pre- nursing journey should be wrapping up this December when I graduate with my A.A and apply to nursing school!!!
- Aug 19, '12 by mzrainydayzDon't give up think positive all day every day. Being a mom is a job by it self. You are young and on the right track. It will all happen in due time with hard work and determination.
I have a 4yr old, I work, and attend college. I am slso a single mother. The road gets tough many days, but I pray and ask God for guidance. I use to get off work and then attend evening class to finish up prereqs for the nursing program. It all paid off because I finally got accepted to start Fall 2012.
Many days I feel like giving up but when I look at my daughter she motivates me everyday. I want to set an example for her, so she can one day obtain a college degree. You are the right track, just stay focused and determined. I wish you lots of success in your nursing journey.