Will you delete your Facebook account of you get into nursing school? - page 7
by RscodADN10 | 11,365 Views | 85 Comments
I've been thinking alot about my Facebook account since all the problems it has brought to people not only in nursing school but also peoples lives. So my question to you is: if you get accepted to nursing school will you... Read More
- 1Apr 27, '11 by windmill182I deleted my facebook, or rather disabled. I found myself wasting time on it. I could use that time for much better activities. Just my opinion. Maybe, when Im done with school I will reactivate.
My Psych teacher was talking about a correlation study with falling grade averages at MIT because of the distractions of the internet on students in class. (IE. Playing on Facebook instead of taking notes on a laptop) Obviously, if you have good discipline to not log in then it doesn't matter.
- 0Apr 27, '11 by NnSweetsQuote from windmill182I think that's a good thing!I might also mention, since Ive deleted my FB I find myself on here a lot more. Is that bad or good? lol
We use fb a lot for keeping each other notified about things at school, and even have some private groups for studying and projects...
Facebook is just so integrated into everything anymore...All my phone contacts are blended with it too....
I am seriously considering going off the grid after what happened to me. It's just so risky. I almost got expelled for a "lol"
Just think about it...
- 0Apr 27, '11 by caregiver1977I just want to say that you don't have to have your real name attached to your facebook account. It has to be a real sounding name, but your facebook page does not have to have your real first and last name on it. Mine doesn't. This will make it MUCH HARDER for people to search and find you on facebook. Even when I friend family I have to tell them who I really am, LOL!
- 1Apr 27, '11 by CuriousMeQuote from patient1977Actually, you can set up your facebook account so that it can't be searched for....makes it even easier.I just want to say that you don't have to have your real name attached to your facebook account. It has to be a real sounding name, but your facebook page does not have to have your real first and last name on it. Mine doesn't. This will make it MUCH HARDER for people to search and find you on facebook. Even when I friend family I have to tell them who I really am, LOL!
- 2Apr 27, '11 by kelsey.kristineI see no reason to delete mine. My supervisor at the hospital is even my friend! As are some of my coworkers, all RN's(one other CNA). My dad's a politician, so I'm already cautious as to what I write and post, but I'm mature and able to make good decisions. I don't party so I don't have bad pictures being tagged of me. I don't have pictures of me drinking on there, I don't update bad statuses or whatnot....and honestly, I have a lot of friends all over the world(I was an exchange student) and FB is a great way to stay in touch....I'd hate to lose that.
- 1Apr 28, '11 by Aly529No FB here. Ever. You cannot google me. Not that I don't see how it MAY be helpful for some and of course with discipline and common sense you can stay out of trouble by either wasting time or posting the wrong things.
It's just that I watched a 60 mins interview where they showed early documentation of the guy who owns FB (forgot his name) and he mentioned something along the lines of "I can't believe how many idiots sign up and give me all their info"... So I'd rather stay away.
Also, if I have to use a fake name and sensor what I post to "market" to a certain crowd or not befriend certain people then what's the point. It's not really me. My real friends know how to reach me.