What are you gonna do while waiting to get it?Register Today!
- by SeriouslyRadN Mar 10, '09Hi!!
I have just 2 pre-req's left and then I can apply for the ADN at my local CC. The "word" on the wait is about a year or 2 sems. But I have been prepared to wait up to 2 yrs, I guess. In the meantime, I hope to work as a PCT/CNA in a hospital. Maybe take some more classes towards my A.A. that I can use towards my BSN. That's the plan, at least.
What are your plans?
- Mar 11, '09 by SeriouslyRadNNobody................?
- Mar 11, '09 by ssullyorthoRNThat's crazy 2 years!!!! Our program here, has NO wait list. They do not continue the list on from the previous year. If you don't get in the program one year, then you wait till next spring, take the test, and apply again. I guess either way you end up waiting!!! I think it is good if you are working while you wait to know for sure if this is what you want to do with the rest of your life.
- Mar 11, '09 by Aurora77I'm taking pre-reqs now; I'm applying for this fall. I'm not telling anyone at my current job until I have my acceptance letter in hand. If I don't get in, I'll continue in my current position, and apply for next spring. I'm also most likely going to take classes to apply to my BSN.
- Mar 12, '09 by ICAN!i have finished the pre-reqs towards my adn and hopefully will be in the nursing program this fall. if not this fall then i will continue to take classes towards a bsn.
- Mar 12, '09 by SeriouslyRadNAurora77, that's a good choice to not tell your employer quite yet. I told my employer of 12 years out of pure excitement and then about 1 year later, I was canned.
- Mar 12, '09 by marie612I'm working on classes for my BSN while i wait for the ADN program to start
- Mar 12, '09 by BellasMommyOBRNha! what am i going to do? go crazy! i'm waiting for letters this month and get so much anxiety when i hear the mailman drive up :chuckle the anticipation to start the nursing program is killing me, i cannot wait!! good thing i'm really busy and just met a great guy! plenty of distractions :heartbeat