Waiting For Spring 2013 Acceptance..Anyone else? - page 8
by WantToBeMidwife | 27,548 Views | 190 Comments
I just sent in my final piece for admissions, my essay. Now, I wait. I will find out in October if I'm accepted for spring start. I've waiting so long to get here. Anyone else playing the waiting game???... Read More
- 0Oct 5, '12 by VirgilioI'm in agony for waiting, this is a huge crossroad for me. I work in manufacturing now and make a decent salary, but I was a paramedic when younger and I want to go back to healthcare. I'm only giving it one shot though, if I get in, great! If not then I'm going to finish off my MBA. They are not going to tell us until November!
- 0Oct 10, '12 by SopranoKrisWe can't apply until January for the Fall 2012/Spring 2013 program. I'm anxiously awaiting the end of this semester so I can get the ball rolling. Will be done with all pre-reqs...yay!
Since there is a 9 month to 1 year gap between applying for nursing school and actually starting nursing school, I'm going to work on classes that will apply to the BSN while I'm waiting. That way, when I'm done with the RN program, I should only have clinicals & a few upper level nursing courses to finish.
The waiting is the hardest part! Even though we can apply, we won't know if we're in until April. AARRGGHH!
- 0Oct 10, '12 by gelibeanI am also in that waiting game.. for the school that I am applying to currently involves with students to submit their applications by August 1 for the Spring entry (I submitted mine in May)... Once you have applied, then they slightly glance over and see if they want to "conditionally accept" you. This means you have to take their pharmacology course, pass it with at least a C AND pass their math dosage exam with at least a 90%, once you have achieved those scores, then they will again look at your application and see if they want to trully accept you. If they do, then you start the next semester... which for me will be Spring!!!!!
I did hear that they start sending out acceptance letters around the end of October since there appears to be 3 different orientations you must attend.. but of course you still need to pass the math dosage exam in December.
So I am taking their pharmacology class right now and have the math dosage exam in December!
- 1Oct 10, '12 by LAJJmomI submitted my application the first week of August (the period was the first Thursday through the third Thursday of August) and just found out Monday that I was accepted. I got in at Penn Valley Community College in Kansas City, Missouri in their ADN program. I am still taking some classes so when I get done with that I can start my bridge to BSN. I am so excited and terrified all at the same time.
- 0Oct 10, '12 by SopranoKris[QUOTE=gelibean;6978079you. This means you have to take their pharmacology course, pass it with at least a C AND pass their math dosage exam with at least a 90%[/QUOTE]
I hear ya on that, gelibean! As we both know...Pharm is NOT fun! Those 90% or fail math tests are sooooooooo stressful!!!!
- 1Oct 10, '12 by ShannonBerry11Guys - I'm still waiting. It's so awful. Anxiety is no fun, and I'm really tired of checking the mail twice a day. (I live in an apartment, and our mail comes at different times every day - so frustrating)
Has anyone had any luck calling the school before getting a letter? I've heard some people have gotten them to check and see if they've been accepted, but I just don't think that every school does that...