waiting game!Register Today!
- by arodgers9 Mar 3I submitted all of my applications to the different nursing schools I'm applying to as soon as they opened in December/January. Now going crazy waiting for acceptance/denial letters!
My top schools are the Texas Tech nursing schools (Lubbock, Abilene, Odessa) and Covenant school of nursing (located in Lubbock). I heard from some people that letters from Texas Tech go out in late March, but Covenant's wont go out until April! I feel like this next month is going to go by so slow! My GPA isn't too stellar which is why im nervous. Overall is a 3.2 (which is what Texas Tech will see) and a 3.47 pre reqs (which is what Covenant looks at), but I have a ton of hospital experience and work experience over the years.
Who has already heard back from some schools?
- 958 Views
- Mar 27 by ameliagalI'm still waiting to hear back from mine too. I heard from some students in class today that they're still making decisions. Applications were due Feb 1st and we're suppose to hear back late March. Only 4 days of March left I'm can't even focus on my classes, I keep checking my email for some notification. I hate that I have to wait like this. Just tell us if we're rejected or whatnot.
- Mar 28 by ameliagalHey I finally got an email this morning and I'm in . Good luck!!!!! I hope you get accepted into your program too
- Mar 29 by andreajmI applied to Texas tech ( El Paso) as well , the wait is killing me !
- Apr 3 by arodgers9I got accepted into one of my top schools (although its not in lubbock, its only 2 hours away) Patty Hanks Shelton nursing school. So the pressure is off a little. Im still going crazy waiting for Texas tech to get back with the rest of us! And covenant will send emails april 5, two more days. i dont know how much more my heart can take! haha
@ameliagal, CONGRATS! how exciting! ive heard about some people getting there letters already, so lucky!
- Apr 4 by arodgers9I got accepted into covenant school of nursing!!! i literally cried i was so happy, and i made the first round of cuts for texas tech! they sent a group of applicants an email about the next step for us in admissions, and its an online interview thing and from that they will accept or deny from that group! im doing my interview tomorrow!
- Apr 6 by andreajmQuote from arodgers9How awesome! Good luck and keep me updated on your journey, the Texas tech el Paso campus isn't doing the video essay so I'm still playing the waiting game.I got accepted into covenant school of nursing!!! i literally cried i was so happy, and i made the first round of cuts for texas tech! they sent a group of applicants an email about the next step for us in admissions, and its an online interview thing and from that they will accept or deny from that group! im doing my interview tomorrow!