Waiting for letter of acceptance!!! - page 2

Hello all....I'm new here and am wondering if there's anyone else out there going crazy while waiting to find out if they've been accepted to a nursing program? I live in Michigan and have applied... Read More

  1. by   confusedasnormal :)
    Jenn, maybe if we get our meds together we can get a discount, ya think???? LOL I am sure after yesterday my mailcarrier would even pitch in!!!!!

    Oh WOW! Elizabells thanks for the update there! I would probably do something like that!!!

    When I was waiting for the results from my NET everyone else was talking in class how they had gotten theirs, so I called the house, my boyfriend happened to be home that day and I asked if anything came, he was like yeah there is. SO, since I could not wait to get home I asked him to open it and tell me the results, LOL!!! He opened it and read the top letter, LOL, the letter was telling what you HAD to have to pass (55 math 55 reading) I was horrified! I worked so hard! Then he looked at page 2 and goes Oh wait a min. they aren't your scores! Turned out the cover letter listed what was needed page 2 were the results! But the way it looked you'd of thought your scores were those in your letter! LOL So, I am REALLY planning on stayinig calm and reading the letter!

    Oh who am I kidding I know me the moment I see an envelope my heart stops period, BUT I am not sure I want him to read me it!!! LOL
  2. by   dawn1971
    Our cut off was mid Jan, we should know by next week (they only take 20!). I had a crazy dream that we were going to find out Feb 17, I must have had 15 or 20 other people in my classes I know running to meet the mail truck that day! :chuckle
  3. by   LDO
    hi, I to am also waiting to hear. The deadline for the school I applied to was Jan 14th and I called the other day to see when they will have the letters out and the woman said they got hundreds of applications and hope to have the letters out around March 31st. I am taking A&P II right now so that is keeping me busy but the waiting is killing me !!!! :uhoh21: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
  4. by   student79
    I'm waiting too!!! Just applied for the fall. I already have a Bachelors in Computer Information Systems with a Cummulative GPA of 3.3. I have just completed my nursing pre-requisite courses with a GPA of 3.93. Also, I just took the TEAS test and scored in the 98th percentile. Do you guys think I have a good chance of getting in? I'm freaking out waiting for my acceptance letter here... having sleepless nights.. Oh BTW, I'm a guy!
  5. by   Gennaver
    Hello there,

    Waiting on a couple of programs here, one is an ADN which I hope to know sometime this week, (that looks very good but, still anxious).

    I am also really waiting and stressing over a graduate entry program which has over 300 applicants for 20 seats, (we should know for interview callbacks by mid March).

    We will get through this!!

    Gennaver
    p.s. there are a whole slew of us in the thread, "Direct entry, how hard to get in" who are waiting for letters too!!
  6. by   youknowho
    I have an application in to a BSN and an ADN program here around my area. I wont hear from either one until late April/early May.
  7. by   smile123
    Quote from student79
    I'm waiting too!!! Just applied for the fall. I already have a Bachelors in Computer Information Systems with a Cummulative GPA of 3.3. I have just completed my nursing pre-requisite courses with a GPA of 3.93. Also, I just took the TEAS test and scored in the 98th percentile. Do you guys think I have a good chance of getting in? I'm freaking out waiting for my acceptance letter here... having sleepless nights.. Oh BTW, I'm a guy!
    You sound good on paper, but there are a lot of unanswered questions. What schools did you apply to? Are you going for a ADN, BSN or something else? Did the schools require any interviews? Volunteer or health care paid experience? Letters of recommendation from profs, work and/or someone in a health care setting? Did you have to write an essay? So depending on answers to those questions, it's hard to tell. There are a lot of GREAT applicants and not enough slots, so the competition is fierce.

    Here's an extreme: If you only applied to one school and it was the #1 school in the nation for the program you wanted with only 20 slots, then you might have cause to worry. There could be 500 people who might apply who have equally good stats but have a little more background, more compelling recommendations, an inspirational essay... plus a terrific interview - the school may choose that person over you. Don't stress! If it's meant to happen for you, it will happen.

    These next two weeks will be exciting and tense as people receive their acceptance letters. Here's hoping the best for you.

    Smile123
  8. by   Gennaver
    Quote from smile123


    Don't stress! If it's meant to happen for you, it will happen.

    These next two weeks will be exciting and tense as people receive their acceptance letters. Here's hoping the best for you.

    Smile123
    Good advice and yes, a tense two weeks for us prospects, (or four!)

    Its a little hard to keep perspective but, very important I think. Breathe deeply, smile and relax our shoulders. Hmmm, okay that lasted about a half a minute :chuckle

    Gennaver
  9. by   brwnngj
    If it makes any of you feel better I have been waiting since Last May and won't know until August The Dean told me there is a 95% chance I will be accepted in the Fall class but there is still that 5% chance I will not. I am nervous and excited
  10. by   caringRN2B
    I know how you feel. The waiting really stinks. At my schools, the applications started in Oct/04 and the deadline was by the end of Dec/04. We took our entrance exams (TEAS test) in Jan/05, and I've been waiting ever since. One of my friends from school was brave enough to call and find out what was going on with the applications and he found out that the letters (acceptance/rejection/wait list) should be going out by the end of the 2nd week of March, so hopefully, it won't be too much longer before I find out. But, I'm not holding my breath. I'm guessing it won't be until April. I know a lot of people in the nursing program who didn't hear until mid April. In the meantime, I'm driving my family nuts because I am constantly running to the mailbox to get the mail, see if the mailman has arrived (I think the poor man feels I'm a bit on the crazy side because I'm usually standing there waiting for him if I happen to be home). All and all, I'm doing everything I can to keep myself occupied until I find out. So, sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat. Good luck to everyone who is waiting!!!
  11. by   alexillytom
    I can really relate to everyone's anxiety. I have been waiting since 11/04.
    I contacted admissions and the lady there was really nice. She told me that
    I had done everything I was supposed to do and to relax. They are supposedly
    sending out the letters in March. I am tired of running home everyday like a
    maniac looking for my letter and I know my family is tired of me giving them
    the third degree whenever they get to the mailbox first. I was waitlisted the
    last time around, it was expected, but I was still hopeful. After this semester
    ends, the only class I have to take is a lab for Micro which I'm taking in the
    summer.

    Honestly, if I am accepted for Fall 05, I'll probably have to turn it down because
    of childcare issues. But, at least I'll know that I will most likely be accepted for
    Spring 06, which holds the night classes and clinicals.
  12. by   ArtsyIndi
    Quote from Jenn22
    I'm just so anxious and excited to get started. I'm 33 yrs. old, a wife and mother of two. This is something I have wanted to do since graduating from high school and I am so thankful that I now have the opportunity to go for it!!!!
    Hey Jenn! I'm 33yr old as well and waiting for that letter is killing me! This starting over is so hard and I'm looking at dorm life, at my age! At least the program isn't quite as competitive as many I've read about here though. The school has accepted me as student I know, for the last semester of pre-nursing. I wish you luck. It's a hard road I know!
  13. by   agent
    I've been waiting for a month now and I just heard I might have to wait another month...*****!!!

close