Waiting on acceptance/rejection letters - Page 10Register Today!
- Feb 20 by mandilee428I applied to two schools. One I already got a rejection letter from. The admission requirements for that particular school are 1) you have to be able to take Eng Comp I and 2) you have to be able to enter AnP I. No tests or math requirements. My biggest gripes are 1) I have a Bachelor's degree in Human Services/Counseling already, so obviously I am a bit beyond Comp I, 2) I have already taken both AnP I and II and got a B+ in both, 3) I have all the classes except the actual Nursing I, II, etc completed, all with grades of B's and A's. I have a 3.5 GPA from my Bachelor's program, so what the heck?! I am frustrated and dejected beyond belief. I applied to nursing school 11 years ago and was very, very unqualified for admission, but I was only a 19 year old single mother with no education beyond high school and I just didn't know how the world worked yet. Since then I have worked my butt off earning my Bachelor's and completing my math and science classes for nursing at the same time; finally 11 years later I have all the work done and found the courage to start applying again and I still get rejected? ANNOYING!! I just don't understand some things. Okay I guess I'm done with my rant. Good luck to everyone else I hope you all get better news :'(
- Feb 20 by KdreneeQuote from lalacb123Chamberlain CON! If I don't get it there I'm applying to UTHSC, TWU, UTMB, UTA, and every school in Houston lol. Chamberlain is my first choice because there are a lot of classes you can take online, and usually you are on campus only about 2 days a week. UTHSC is my second.. But hopefully I won't need to apply there!
What program did you apply to? I applied to Prairie View.
- Feb 20 by lalacb123Quote from KdreneeChamberlain CON! If I don't get it there I'm applying to UTHSC, TWU, UTMB, UTA, and every school in Houston lol. Chamberlain is my first choice because there are a lot of classes you can take online, and usually you are on campus only about 2 days a week. UTHSC is my second.. But hopefully I won't need to apply there!
Whew! One less person to take my spot! JK!!! Goodluck to you! If PV doesnt accept me, I plan to apply to TWU, St Thomas, UTHSC, and PV again, and maybe Sam Houston State for Spring semester! I hope to find out soon!
- Feb 20 by jax67Quote from melissar1127thanks! the one i got rejected from was a long shot and i had only decided to apply last minute so i'm ok with not going there! the ones i really want to get into are smaller, private schools.. i went to a HUGE university for my 1st degree so i like the idea of a smaller school this time around! where are you from? i think applying to multiple schools gives more chance of getting in, which is why i applied to so many. i definately hope i get in somewhere because i do not want to repeat this process again!Hello Im sorry to hear about your first rejection; but you were smart to apply to five different programs! i applied to 3 different ones. Havent heard anything from any of them yet. I check my email and mailbox constantly also! its driving me insane. I hope we all get acceptance letters soon.
- Feb 20 by melissar1127Yeah I agree with you on applying to more than one school. I applied to 3 - havent heard back from any yet. Im from Central NJ.. What about you? What do you have your first degree in?
- Feb 21 by jax67Quote from melissar1127I'm from Washington state, just south of Seattle.. my 1st degree is in Public Relations & English, but i am coming from an aviation background. i'm so ready to hear some good news!Yeah I agree with you on applying to more than one school. I applied to 3 - havent heard back from any yet. Im from Central NJ.. What about you? What do you have your first degree in?
- Feb 26 by wcampos24Quote from AmberHopefulRNI'm literally in the same boat. I'm still waiting to hear from the one college I applied to. I feel a little crazy when I refresh my email several times a day. We should be hearing soon!I'm also waiting. Applied at the end of January and should hear by the end of February or beginning of March, so hopefully only 2-3 more weeks of waiting for me! I just keep telling myself "It's only the middle of February." while compulsively checking my email and the mailbox. I hope everyone gets an acceptance letter
I am in Missouri and only applied to one school, so I'm a little nervous about that.