Wait listed Hopefuls... Celebrate or Commiserate ThreadRegister Today!
- by FirmlyAnchored Mar 30, '11The wait is killing me, but I am hopeful... life has come to a screeching halt, urgh...
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=545709©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 506 Views
- Apr 17, '11 by FirmlyAnchoredBumping my own thread with an update... I'm off the waitlist...
Yesterday, my mailman rang my doorbell and hand delivered my acceptance letter! He wanted to be the first to see my excitement, LOL. However, I had recieved a call the day before and had already known. It was a sweet gesture after stalking him daily... It was one of those "God Winks" moments...
SQuire Rushnell has published a series of When God Winks books, very encouraging and uplifting, a must read, IMO. Good luck, wait listed hopefuls... your time WILL come.
- Apr 17, '11 by takeabreathCongrats!!
I too am waiting (and waitlisted) - according to my admission officer I am 2 on the list! The wait is agonizing. I try to pretend each day that I'm not freaking out waiting for the mail - convincing myself that the day I'm not really expecting it is the day it will come. However, hoping for the "call" first too! Congratulations again firmly...you are now a nursing student - head to the nearest scrub store!
- Apr 17, '11 by jazolive27Congratulations!!
I was waitlisted about a week ago and the thought of actually having to wait is nerve racking, crossing my fingers. Unfortunately the school I applied to does not give any information about your position on the wait list, which sucks. But congrats again!! :spin:
- Apr 26, '12 by maye.scongrats firmlyanchored!!! that is fabulous news!! i have also been wait listed and like jazolive27 my school wont tell me what number i am or even how many is on the wait list so i am just (im)patiently waiting. any advice on how to not go stir crazy waiting?
i just have so many questions!!!:
how long does it usually take to be called if your wait listed? have you or do you know of anyone who has been wait listed and not called? i dont want to get my hopes up, but then again i cant help but be excited..... plus the letter said they could call as late as the first day of class!!!!!!!! how am i supposed to prepare for that?!
i am open to any advice/answers/prayers if you have any!