Trying to find a nursing school!!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Trying to find a nursing school!! in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Hey there all!! I am currently a student at UDC looking to find a decent nursing school. In all...by redmonds12 Dec 7, '11Hey there all!!
I am currently a student at UDC looking to find a decent nursing school. In all honesty, I just need to graduate as soon as I can. I feel like ive been looking for a school for so long after completing my prereqs. I also wanted to write a little about my experience at the university of the district of columbia for other students. If I had known what I know now I never would have gone there.
UDC- I went to this school thinking I could finish my prereqs and enter their nursing program. My GPA is a 3.3 and I am taking a full coarse load. I applied to the Spring 2012 nursing program and did not get in. For students looking into programs, I give you warning: DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME HERE.
1. They could not give me a reason for not accepting me. There were students with lower test scores and lower GPAs that got in over me, it just did not make sense. This was my safety school.
2. They are SO disorganized. Just getting student financial aid completed is a hassle. Scheduling classes is a hassle. The advisors are terrible. They dont ever give you a straight forward answer.
3. The teachers are TERRIBLE. I have one professor who is decent. The rest are awful.
I have been looking into chamberlain virginia as well as everest tysons corner. Both are very expensive, but I am looking to finish in as little time as possible. If anyone had any information about either of these schools I would really appreciate it.
I am also considering Montgomery College for fall 2012.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=650703©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 540 Views
- Dec 7, '11 by leenakTry Montgomery college as well as university of maryland. I know you say you are in a hurry but university of Maryland is probably one of the best schools around. Their program is 21 months long and you'll have a BSN.
- Dec 7, '11 by redmonds12I am looking into those schools but I couldnt start until August. At radians or everest I could start in january.
- Dec 7, '11 by Getting To GreatYou should Google NLNAC, find the link and look up schools in your state or area.