Hello! I've been lurking these threads for a couple months now, nodding my head when members asked the same questions I had and hmmm-ing my way through the thoughtful responses.
And now - ta da! - here I am.
I would be grateful for any ideas on how to improve my nursing school application and any methods by which to become more competitive. Any general advice is greatly appreciated.
Anything more specific would also be helpful. Here are a few stats about me:
- Male, 24, White
- First bachelor's degree in Creative Writing from a state school
- Graduated with multiple honors and a 3.8 GPA
- Currently a Peace Corps Volunteer in Ethiopia (education sector)
- Planning to take necessary prereqs in the coming fall at a local university
- Intending to seek employment in the healthcare field upon my return to the U.S. in five months (!)
I will be seeking admittance into accelerated programs at several highly competitive universities. Any ideas?