Are there any GEORGIA pre-nursing students here?!?Register Today!
- by Hopefulganurse Aug 18I'm applying to every nursing program around Atlanta with hopes of being accepted to one of them at least. Fall 2014 is my hopeful start date. Are there any other pre-nursing students on here that are hopefully starting around that time too?
Where are you applying to?
Have you taken the TEAS and if so, how did you do?
How is your GPA?
Hope to meet some new friends and take this crazy ride together!!
- Heeyy! I'm in Georgia. Fall 2014 is my hopeful start date as well. Are you applying for ADN, BSN, or both?
I'm only applying to Georgia Southern University, which is my current school.
TEAS wasn't required, I had to take the HESI. Made a 95%.
Current GPA is 3.74. If all goes as planned this semester, I will be applying with a 3.8.
What about you?
- I'm applying for a BSN traditional or accelerated program. I took the TEAS Saturday but haven't received my scores yet. Hoping to have a solid 3.75 when applying. Fingers crossed!!! Have you looked at Armstrong at all?
- I'm terrified my GPA isn't going to be high enough.... That is my biggest worry at this point.
- Quote from HopefulganurseWhat is your current GPA? Yes, Armstrong is about 45 minutes away from me. I haven't looked into it alot but I think it's an ok school. I haven't heard anything bad about it.I'm applying for a BSN traditional or accelerated program. I took the TEAS Saturday but haven't received my scores yet. Hoping to have a solid 3.75 when applying. Fingers crossed!!! Have you looked at Armstrong at all?
- I have a 3.65 and taking 17 credits this fall. I know someone who is very much involved with the nursing program at Armstrong and I hear its a great school... But hard to get into. Sounds like every nursing school.
- 3.65 is still a great GPA. Yeah that's every nursing school. But it really depends on the applicant pool.
- I'm an older student and had 2 B's from 5 years ago that transferred on my transcript unfortunately. My Regents GPA at school now is a 3.90+.... But those 2 B's sure do bring me down! With 47 credits, I have 3 B's and a 3.65.... Ugh! Annoying!!
- A 3.8 is really good as well! It's just crazy competitive and I hope I've set myself up for success!!
- Quote from HopefulganurseI'm fresh out of high school, graduated last year. 39 credits now, will have 52 after this fall. I managed to make a C in college algebra, and 2 B's in other non-nursing pre-reqs -- which is pretty much what screwed my GPA.A 3.8 is really good as well! It's just crazy competitive and I hope I've set myself up for success!!
Just keep up the good work because your GPA is still competitive. It's extremely competitive out there, but not impossible!