The waiting game...
- 0Apr 17, '13 by ShannonKellySo glad I came across this forum which will now most likely become my newest and most used app on my phone!
I'm hoping this will help keep me occupied and relieve some of my jitters while I wait to hear back from ADN programs. Lol
Good to know that at least I'm not the only out there who gets anxiety every time an email alert goes off on their phone in hopes that it's an acceptance into a program
Who else is waiting to hear back from Southern California CCs?
- 0Apr 18, '13 by ShannonKellyQuote from Steph143I applied to my school's ADN program (Pasadena City College)...and also I Citrus College for now...when apps open back up for GWC, and the second application period comes for PCC again I'll be applying.Hi I'm on the same boat : ]. I only applied to one school so far, it's Loma Linda University. I won't know til May-June If I made it in or not. Can I ask what school/s you applied too?
Basically I'll keep applying anywhere I'm able to and hope to get in ASAP haha
The idea of being tossed into a lottery is so nerve-wracking for me.
Especially since for PCC I'll be finding out right around my birthday >_<
- 1Apr 18, '13 by ShannonKellyQuote from SopranoKrisGood luck to you! I'll be finding out from PCC the news anywhere from around the 26th-10th of next month. So nervous!Letters are supposed to go out this week. I'm a nervous wreck!!!!
Citrus' app period doesn't end until next week though so my nerves are going to be on a rollercoaster basically for a while
- 0Apr 18, '13 by MommaTyI'm not from Cali but I'm in Massachusetts. Our deadline was March 1st to put our applications in (I put mine in, in November). They then stated by April 15th we would know. Low and behold on Saturday April 6th I got accepted to ADN program near me I'm very happy because this was the only school I applied to. Good luck to you. In the acceptance letter it said I can expect another letter soon that will tell me the time of the May 29th nursing program day. It will tell us everything we need, like a CPR card (which I will be getting May 24th), PPD (which was done at my job recently), and items we need to purchase. They will probably sign us up for our classes too that start early September.
- 0Apr 18, '13 by Steph143I live like 45 mins east of Pasadena, I totally was considering going to PCC! My car is a gas guzzler so that was out of the question lol! I hear they have a really great program, didn't know they go by lottery. So at this point it doesn't matter what the gpa ends up being since they do it very randomly. I can so relate. I won't know for Loma Linda til May-June, so the nerves are elevating!! I know for lottery programs the wait time can be a lot, are there any other programs nearby you in which you qualify and can apply like as a back up?
- 1Apr 20, '13 by ShannonKellyQuote from Steph143I'm also currently applying to Citrus College in Glendora. It's technically closer to my house but Pasadena is where I commuted for all my prerequisites since when I returned to school after years of working, I had been a precious student and had a good registration appt time with them allowing me to get all my classes I needed with few to no issues.I live like 45 mins east of Pasadena, I totally was considering going to PCC! My car is a gas guzzler so that was out of the question lol! I hear they have a really great program, didn't know they go by lottery. So at this point it doesn't matter what the gpa ends up being since they do it very randomly. I can so relate. I won't know for Loma Linda til May-June, so the nerves are elevating!! I know for lottery programs the wait time can be a lot, are there any other programs nearby you in which you qualify and can apply like as a back up?
Technically the closest program to me is Mt. SAC but last I heard their program was still "frozen" until further notice to applicants until they go through and clear out their waiting list. So that's a no go.
I'll be reapplying to PCC (if I don't get in for fall) when they do the spring program apps end of the summer...which ill also be applying to GWC and other schools I can't think of at the moment that will have another app period this coming summer/fall.
I just hope I get in miraculously in my round one of applications so I don't have to stress anymore haha
The lottery system makes me crazy. So unpredictable.