TEAS V Online Practice Assessments Worth It?
- 0Aug 22, '10 by PacoUSA, BSN, RNDoes anyone recommend using these? There are 2 for sale on the ATI website, and each one costs $35
The Form A assessment is to be taken before you start the study manual review and it supposedly gives you "a score report that will highlight a list of topics to review based upon your performance on the practice test. These topics will be linked to information sources within the TEAS V Study Manual. Then after reviewing those topics, you should take the second version of the TEAS V practice test [Form B] to check for improvement."
I saved a bit of $ getting the TEAS V manual from another source, so I have been wondering whether these assessments will be worth getting as a complement.
- 0Aug 22, '10 by TleeloveBeen wondering the same thing. I bought my book at barnes and nobles for a little bit cheaper then the ATI website but it was still expensive. I'm leaning towards not taking the practice tests. It cost 30 to take the test at my school so that's an addition cost as well. Crazy that the practice tests cost more then the actual test.
- 0Aug 22, '10 by SerenePeachIn my opinion, I thought the practice tests online were worth the money I spent. The format of the practice tests online were very similar to the actual format of the test. Taking the tests online allowed me to identify some of my weaknesses and to focus on those.
Also, I felt that the reading comprehension portion in the ATI study guide was a lot harder than that of the online practice tests or the real tests. I did terribly in the reading portion in the ATI study guide and was nervous about that, but was a bit more relaxed after seeing some of the questions on the online test.
- 0Nov 14, '10 by PacoUSA, BSN, RNGood luck!
I have since taken the TEAS V and during my preparation I purchased one of the online practice tests. Well worth it. I found the manual tests and the online one harder than the real test. I scored about 10-15% higher on the real one. I would not say it was easy, but the book did prepare me well.
- 0Nov 15, '10 by snookiejcI bought both online practice exams, and I thought they were well worth it. I actually think the online practice exams were more difficult than the real exam. They definitely prepare you for the format of the test. FYI, I took both the TEAS IV and TEAS V. TEAS IV is much more simple, but TEAS V is not as hard as some people say it is. Good Luck!
- 0Nov 15, '10 by PacoUSA, BSN, RNQuote from snookiejcI agree, the practice tests had much harder questions and they simulated the test format well. I was actually surprised as well that the TEAS V was not as hard as people made it seem, people were making it look like it was the GRE. Simply not so.I bought both online practice exams, and I thought they were well worth it. I actually think the online practice exams were more difficult than the real exam. They definitely prepare you for the format of the test. FYI, I took both the TEAS IV and TEAS V. TEAS IV is much more simple, but TEAS V is not as hard as some people say it is. Good Luck!