Summer Sessions are for Champs!!!Register Today!
- by CareQueen May 22Summer session classes just started this past Monday, and I already feel wiped out! I'm taking an 8-wk Microbio class, to be followed by a 5-wk A&P II class before I'm finished with prereqs and off to start to my ABSN program in the Fall.
I have my first test in Microbio this coming Tuesday (after just ONE wk of class!) and the professor is intense! Not to mention the fact that I'm already at a disadvantage because I'm in a highler level Microbio class than I should be. Due to low enrollment in, and the cancellation of, my originally scheduled class, I was forced to take whatever Microbio I class was available in order to complete the prereqs in time to start my program. What the heck have I gotten myself into!??? I earned my first Bachelor's degree at a school that operates on quarter systems, so I'm used to the quick turnover of courses. However, during that degree I wasn't taking sciences lol!
Of course it can be done, but working full-time and trying to incorporate workouts and healthy eating is NOT helping. Up at 5am, at work by 7:30a, off work by 4p, on the road to classes for an hr and 15mins, class and lab from 5:30p-8:05p, and then a 40 min drive home to do it all over again, 4x a week...and somewhere in there, I have to find the time to study, do homework, workout, clean, prep meals and fundraise to finance my nursing degree (bye bye weekends! ) Anyone else out there feeling the pressure this Summer? If so, just know that we're all in the struggle together! This is only the beginning! Be encouraged everyone.Last edit by CareQueen on May 22
- May 22 by MommaTyI took Micro during the summer and I was glad I did, I could not imagine dragging that class out for 15 weeks. I also took A&P 2 during the summer and I got an A-, I loved A&P 2 way more than A&P 1. Good luck.
- May 22 by memphismomGood luck to you! I'm starting A&P I for 5 weeks then A&P II for 5 weeks right after! Luckily I only have to work weekends but I am a mom so that's almost like a full time job in itself! But I know I can to it! I've read the book and memorized the body parts, skeleton, and some muscles. I'm very confident in my ability to do well!
- May 22 by cee cee gI know how you feel CareQueen, I just started my summer semester Monday in a 8 wk A&P 2 and our 1st exam is on the 29th. My lecture is online and my lab is 2 days a week. Plus, I'm taking Psy 241 online and my instructor is not giving us all of our work so if we want to knock it out we can. I never wanted summertime to be over until now. That's bad isn't it. Just gonna take it one day at a time. Good luck to you and everybody else taking summer classes.
- May 22 by meeepI always dread summer semester cause I know how hellish it will be, but it has to be done! I am taking A&P 2 and lab, and American Lit 2 this summer. My classes start next week and I'm getting anxious! I know the time requirement will be much heftier than in a normal semester and its overwhelming!
- May 22 by amberella123I'm going to be taking micro too. My summer sem doesn't start until June 10th. What do you do for fundraising? And any tips for micro? I haven't ever taken it before. Like things to read up on before, supplies that would be helpful ect.
- May 22 by lvnibclcMy summer semester starts next week. I have 4 classes! Luckily none are science though..
- May 22 by zoe92I am taking an online chemistry lecture with an on campus lab twice a week from June 3-July 29. Chemistry is my least favorite but the only pre req I have left so I am going to do work & get 'er done.
- May 22 by pamlepperOh yes, I will be in the same boat as you in a few weeks! I am doing an 8-week Anatomy class, and a 6-week Chemistry class (lecture online, lab in person), and a 6-week Developmental Psych class (online). Thankfully, I have the summer off from work, but I do have four kids and a husband, so it will be hard to juggle everything. I am motivated though, and I know we can all do it! Good luck !