Summer Chemistry!!Register Today!
- by BSNinprogress22 May 15I'm scared to death to take a 4 week course in principles of chemistry during the summer!! It's everyday, but I did take Micro last summer and ended up doing well. I think they cut a lot of material out during the summer. Any suggestions on if I should attempt it or wait until fall??!
It would be such a relief to get this class behind me. I only work PT so I can put in the hours to study... However, I know math is involved and I'm not a math person at all!!
- May 15 by pamlepperI'm doing a 6-week summer Chemistry class. I am also taking and 8-week summer Anatomy class. I'm super scared, but I am determined to do well!! Good luck !
- May 15 by ♫patiently_waiting❤I'm doing a 4 week biology session along with literature and another class & having the same dilemma. Class starts Monday & I still haven't decided on whether I want to drop the classes or not. Ugh! So frustrating I don't know what to do. But I think I'm just going to do it, in the first couple of days if it seems like too much I will drop the classes in the drop/add period and take them this fall. Good Luck!
- May 15 by BSNinprogress22Good for you!! Thank you, good luck to you as well!
- May 15 by BSNinprogress22Quote from qkh (:I know it is very frustrating!! I think you can do it though if you stay dedicated! Yes, that's a really good idea. I'll probably do the same if I feel it is too much... The feeling of getting them knocked out before fall would be awesome though!!I'm doing a 4 week biology session along with literature and another class & having the same dilemma. Class starts Monday & I still haven't decided on whether I want to drop the classes or not. Ugh! So frustrating I don't know what to do. But I think I'm just going to do it, in the first couple of days if it seems like too much I will drop the classes in the drop/add period and take them this fall. Good Luck!
- May 15 by Scott BensonAt my university, they do not leave out any material despite being a shorter class. So I wouldn't bank on them doing that. But good luck.
- May 16 by mwilso2318I took took it in the summer but it was 6 weeks.I got an A but I definitely will avoid taking science classes during the summer that's all I got to say!
- May 16 by aleong29I took my Chemistry course in the summer and it was 5 weeks. It covered general, organic and biochem. We started out as a class of 30, and in the end there was 18 of us left. We had classes everyday, and labs twice a week. My entire group always stayed on campus for several hours afterwards to study/do homework together. On some days,we were on campus for 14 hours! Chemistry has always been my weakness so I kept putting it off until I realized I had no other choice than to take it NOW. To be honest, I loved that it was fast paced as it allowed me to retain more information. My professor was the best professor ever and clarified everything for all of us. This is the first time where I will say that I probably would not have made it if I didn't have a study group.
- May 16 by zoe92I am taking it this summer June 3-July 29. My BSN program does not offer it in the summer (but I need it) so am taking it in the city a hour away. The lecture is online & the lab is 2 times/week for 2.5 hours each. I dislike chemistry, but it is an allied health chemistry. It is recommended for people who have no chem experience, but I took it in high school & also general chemistry last year at my college. So hopefully I can get my B & move on. Good luck everyone!