Studying for science classes.Register Today!
- by ROMANTakesOver Apr 18I am a pre-nursing major and I am just starting this semester. Let me be honest, I have horrible study skills. I am currently talking Into to A&P( It's the bio we take before A&P I), Sociology, Speech, Statistics, and French. I currently have a C in my Biology class and I am trying to bring that up to a B before the semester ends, any study tips? I am going to really need it since I will be taking A&P I either this summer or next semester.
- Apr 18 by zoe92I live by flash cards. They are a pain in the butt to make but just writing them helps me. I also color code my notes & rewrite them using my own words. Have you tried looking up your learning style? I am a visual learner so these techniques are useful for me.
- Apr 18 by TWierschIn science, you need to read to understand, then memorize and then apply. You just have to buckle down and do it. If you don't have good study skills, then summer A&P may NOT be the best idea - general ed classes are good for summer. A&P is a TON of information. Also go to Youtube and find lectures for the material you are covering. You have to determine what kind of learner you are - for me I am visual as well as auditory, so it really helps me to read the material, watch a video, and listen to the lecture. Reading to understand is key, and then memorizing. You do have to put a lot of time into it!!!
- Apr 19 by jvanwomanI think the best advice is to read the chapter. Way too many ppl do not read the book and then act shocked that they don't understand the material and are getting and grades. yes, the chapters are long and can be confusing so don't read them with distraction and break up the sections
- Apr 19 by MommaTyRepetition is what worked best for me. My professors always gave us a printout of her slides, but I found it helpful by writing it while she was going over it. Worked good for me. When it came to actual A&P I had to take pictures of the models and made marks so I could label the models. Got 100s on the lab tests. Lecture tests again would write while she lectured and I got Bs. Combined A&P2 grade of A-. Keep trying the more you put into it the better your grade will be. Good luck.