Silly question about entrance exams.Register Today!
- by Pixiesmom Jul 31, '06My college website states that we must take the pre-rn assessment test prior to be considered for the nursing program and that a composite score of below 90 is not accepted. They list the NLN-Rn Pre-entrance exam review guide by Mary McDonald to use for preparation for the assessment. So my questions are:
Is NLN the name of the exam that I'll be taking?
If you have used this review guide did you find it helpful?
I will be about 1/2 way done with Chemistry and Math for Meds when I take this exam will that be a good thing?
Thank you in advance. :kiss
- Aug 1, '06 by Daytonitei found this review guide easily on the barnes and noble website. you can link to it here review guide for rn pre entrance exam by mary e. mcdonald http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...66&txt=y&itm=2 for more information. they list their cost as $29.95 and it is a paperback that is 382 pages long.
i have tried to find specific information before about some of these exams and have not been successful. unless someone on the forum here has taken this specific test and can give you information about it, i would call the school nursing office to see if they can provide you with any specific information about what is on this test subject-wise. otherwise, i would do what they recommend. buy ms. mcdonald's book for $30 and start using it to review. if you order it online, you'll have it in a matter of a few days. you might as well start learning early that you are going to have to start budgeting for supplemental books to help you get through all kinds of things over the coming years. textbooks are not always going to be enough to get you through.
here are websites with information about the most common pre-nursing exams that are given. while they are ultimate trying to sell you review materials, they do have some free information on the sites.
http://www.nursingexamprepinfo.com/ - information on the various pre-nursing exams that some nursing schools require you to take as part of their decision to admit you to their nursing school
http://www.testprepreview.com/nursing_practice.htm - test prep preview. includes information on some of the nursing entrance exams.
- Aug 1, '06 by PixiesmomThank you Daytonite!
I called the college and was told that it was the NLN pre-RN assessment that I would be taking. I've got my book now so it's study time. :hatparty:
Thank you for posting those sites I'm going to check them out.
- Aug 7, '06 by LMRN10This is a link through the NLN site. This is the book that I have. It looks like the edition date is newer, but I don't know if that would make much of a difference.
Thanks for those other links. I'll be taking the test within the next couple of months!
- Aug 16, '06 by ladyinred667i took the nln entrance exam a few months back and did pretty well. i will have to check at home which review book i got but let me tell you that the stuff in the book was way wayharder than the test itself! so, study your guide, but don't get yourself all freaked out! good luck!
- Aug 16, '06 by PixiesmomQuote from ladyinred667now that is good to know! please let me know which review book you used when you get the time. thank you again! :spin:i took the nln entrance exam a few months back and did pretty well. i will have to check at home which review book i got but let me tell you that the stuff in the book was way wayharder than the test itself! so, study your guide, but don't get yourself all freaked out! good luck!