Scared I won't get accepted...Anxious in need of encouraging WordsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Scared I won't get accepted...Anxious in need of encouraging Words in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... :) Hi everybody! This is my first post here, but I've known about this site for a long time and...by ACyellowRoseofTX Mar 24, '12Hi everybody! This is my first post here, but I've known about this site for a long time and it's very helpful. I'm a pre-nursing student, and looking forward to being accepted into the ADN program at Amarillo College. One good thing is, AC does not have a waiting list.
To be short: I've been a CNA for 7 years. I have 7 out of 9 pre-reqs completed; scored overall an 88 on the HESI entrance Exam (plan to re-take for an "A".) and I'm a "A-B" student.
I heard that 60-65% of the students that apply get accepted in the program. If I get accepted and graduate as an nurse, I will be the 3rd generation in my family to be a nurse.
I know that 100%, if not, 99.0% of you who applied to the nursing program were anxious about being accepted.
I've begun to worry quite a bit about not being accepted into the program, not just because I want this sooooo bad :heartbeat but also b/c of I know that a few people are paying attention and I feel that there are a few who would get more enjoyment out of my failure than out of my success. I'm grateful for the people in my life who are genuinely routing for me and love me.
Please do not think I'm in nursing just to be seen as a "successful person". This is where my heart is and I've always wanted to be in the medical field.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=689534©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,553 Views
- Mar 24, '12 by nguyency77You are gonna make it. Stay positive! I'll always be routing for my fellow dedicated CNAs!
- Mar 24, '12 by Alyak1189Stay positive!!! I know its easier said than done. I just found out I was accepted into the nursing program that I applied for. I had to wait 3 very long weeks after I took my pre entrance exam to find out! The program I applied for is also very competitive (so I've heard). With everything you have said, I think you have a very good chance of being accepted! Keep me posted! Good luck
- Mar 25, '12 by Rn_to_beI know its hard to wait and wait and wait.. I'm going through the same thing. just keep your head up you will get accepted. stay positive and keep faith alive try and keep your mind off of it, stay busy. these weeks will fly by next thing you know you checked your mailbox and its there
much love& good luck
- May 16, '12 by ll_gI also am awaiting to hear back from AC nursing. Its hard to be patient while waiting to hear back from them. I keep hoping they will mail out letters early!
Good luck and keep your head up!
- Jun 10, '12 by ll_gHave you received your letter yet?
- Jun 11, '12 by CBLNurse2BeI can kind of relate! My sister-in-law and other people like her in my life would love nothing more than to see me not get in. I had confidence about getting in until I heard there was 400 people who applied for 100 spots. A lot of people know I've applied-- it's going to be awful having to say I didn't get in when they ask. I'm still waiting. Good luck to you & keep your head up! Don't let those people bring you down!
- Jun 11, '12 by ♑ Capricorn ♑update us please. How did you make out?
- Jun 11, '12 by newbtonursingI agree that the waiting is hard. I, too am waiting.
I find that by keeping busy doing things I enjoy helps to pass the time. I keep hoping they will mail out the letters early, too.
I know the school I applied to is very competetive with hundreds of applicants, but I have to stay positive, and remember that even if I dont get in this round, I wont give up! Neither should you!
- Jun 16, '12 by ACyellowRoseofTXhey everybody...i appreciate your kind words of encouragement! guess what? i got in!!!! whooo hooo!!