Bottom line, is there any reason someone would NOT qualify for a Federal Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan, aside from what is listed below? I've never taken out any type of loan before, so kind if clueless.
My EFC is 02060 and with Pell/Hope this semester, I still have to pay a decent amount out of pocket[FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA].
I have savings, but recently decided to quit my job for nursing school, long story short. So I'm just curious if anyone knows for certain if there is any reason they could deny it.
- Be a United States citizen or an eligible noncitizen with a valid social security number
- Be working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program.
- Have a high school diploma, GED or pass an approved ability-to-benefit (ABT) test.
- Register with the Selective Service if you're a male between 18 and 25.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.