Bottom line, is there any reason someone would NOT qualify for a Federal Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan, aside from what is listed below? I've never taken out any type of loan before, so kind if clueless.
My EFC is 02060 and with Pell/Hope this semester, I still have to pay a decent amount out of pocket[FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA][FONT=ARIAL, HELVETICA].
I have savings, but recently decided to quit my job for nursing school
, long story short. So I'm just curious if anyone knows for certain if there is any reason they could deny it.
- Be a United States citizen or an eligible noncitizen with a valid social security number
- Be working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program.
- Have a high school diploma, GED or pass an approved ability-to-benefit (ABT) test.
- Register with the Selective Service if you're a male between 18 and 25.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.