Which Prerequisities should I take? (Anatomy 2 or Micro) Summer term/Fall term.Register Today!
- by Jaurelus93 Jan 11Hi. Everyone, I am new to the site. Welcome. I'll be done with all my prerequisites in December. Right now, I have about three semesters left. (this one, summer, & fall). So, it's crunch time. When I am done with this semester, I will have basically my science classes left and might possibly be taking a math class over(due to receiving a "C" ).
Anyway, Right now, I am taking
-Anatomy 1 with lab.
& One of my core classes *Domestic Violence*
After, I will have Anatomy 2/Lab & Microbiology & Lab.
Now, I can choose to take one of the two in the summer or both over the fall, which I think would be a horrible idea. Because, I actually tried to take Chemistry & Anatomy one together last semester and it was a nightmare gon awful.
I spoke to an adviser today and she told me to take Anatomy 2 over the summer since I am taking Anatomy 1 right now. Also, to have the information fresh in my mind.
But, what do you guys think? Thank you.
**Also** Any tips and things I should start accomplishing now before December?
I am doing my core classes and will begin looking at different schools, also of course studying for the HESI.
- Jan 11 by Esme12moved for best response....you may have to re log in with the same password
- Jan 11 by mchel210I was planning on taking both over the summer...but I may just take ant. 2 over the summer as you are saying since it is fresh in your mind...and then microbiology alone in the fall. That way I only have one class to study for. I wasnt sure I wanted to do it that way but I have to be done by Dec. with all my paperwork for my applications.
- Jan 11 by queseraseraI'm taking A&PI this semester with microbio and a few other classes. Then over the summer I'm doing A&PII and Chem2. That way I have humanities and stat left for fall. This is my last year too. Good luck and welcome!
- Jan 12 by zoe92I recommend doing A & P 2 in the summer and micro in the fall.
- Jan 12 by thelittledoeI recommend taking them separately. I think its better to take them apart and get better grades than to cram them in altogether to have a free summer.
As for other tips, apply early to your nursing program. If you are transferring your credits (which I assume you are since you said you're looking) have your sending schools send their transcripts EARLY. I have run into many miscommunications with school administrations and transcripts have not gotten somewhere on time. Also see if the school needs you to have vaccinations before clinicals (most likely!) and make sure you have them all. Some, like the Hep B, take several months to complete.
- Jan 12 by cjr2619Definitely take ant 2 in the summer. It will be so much easier to transition straight into it. Plus I felt that having both a+p classes done before micro, helped me a lot with micro. And micro by far was my favorite and easiest science pre req. good luck!
- Jan 12 by hoerlatake A&P 2 in the summer. its a tough course and even though it will be taught in a condensed time frame, it is usually easier to obtain a good grade since you don't have as much time to forget anything, and it will be your only class so you can really focus on it