Pre-reqs This FallRegister Today!
- by TiTi4177 Aug 11, '11Hello Everyone,
Im new to this board, i'm starting my pre-reqs this fall for nursing. I have a AS degree in business and I've been working in the medical field for over 5 years as a medical secretary. I decided that I want to go back to school and I'm a little nervous. A few of my credits transferred over from my AS degree, so I only need to do my sciences and math. I hope to finish my pre-reqs by next September 2012. I will also continue to work while in school, Once i get accepted to a nursing program I will work part-time or stop working all together.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=603751©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 377 Views
- Aug 11, '11 by Charloth03I am also nervous about starting the pre nursing prog, I have a AAS in Business but changed careers. Good luck in your studies.
- Aug 11, '11 by TiTi4177Thank you, Good Luck to you as well!! I always wanted to be a nurse but I was second guessing myself. It's never to late to do what your heart desires, I know it won't be easy but I won't give up.
- Aug 11, '11 by Iridescent OrchidI was also second-guessing myself in the beginning as well, so I was majoring in Early Childhood Education until I just realized it was not for me, Nursing was my calling and this is what I'm meant to be doing. Congratulations on starting your NS pre-reqs! I wish you the best of luck! I'm continuing working at my job through pre-reqs as well, but once I get accepted into the Nursing Program, I've decided I want to live like a poor college student for a bit. Plus, the program is very demanding, I want to soak all of it in and not worry about a job on the side. I won't need to work, so I won't. If you decide not to work as well, it may be hard to adjust, or even come to terms with, but do what is best for you and your future as a nurse. I'd work part-time if I knew I had to and could do this type of balancing act, but I can't, so I won't. Good luck!
- Thank you Orchid, Congratulations to you as well! For now I will work and save as much money as possible, once I receive a acceptance letter to a nursing school then I will make the decision of part-time work or not working at all. One thing I know for sure is I'm not giving up on pursuing this dream.
- Aug 12, '11 by Iridescent OrchidQuote from TiTi4177You are very welcome and thanks, I appreciate it! It's always best to hold out on making a decision, after all, if you decided now, that you want to quit working once you get into the program, it'd be hard to keep showing up for work. I'm battling that right now. I wish I never would have given so much thought into it, until my actual acceptance into the program.Thank you Orchid, Congratulations to you as well! For now I will work and save as much money as possible, once I receive a acceptance letter to a nursing school then I will make the decision of part-time work or not working at all.
Quote from TiTi4177I've never felt so strongly about an online community such as this one. It's become my second home...I've never been lucky enough to surround myself with others who are full of perseverance, faith, hope, and their future. Most people I encounter aren't quite sure what they want to do with their lives just yet, and of course, don't like hearing me ramble on about my Nursing major or my future...but I can do it all here with those who are sharing the same dream!One thing I know for sure is I'm not giving up on pursuing this dream.
- I agree, this is a great online community with lots of information. I'm glad that I joined.
- Aug 12, '11 by Nursing2102I have a BS in Criminal Justice. Applying for BSN to begin Spring 2012. I find out if I am accepted next month. All general ed credits will transfer over. I will just have to do math, science, and nursing courses/clinicals which will take around 3-3 1/2 years. I am working full time right now but once I start school I may have to work part time or just quit all together also. I am hoping to work something out with my job to get in part time, if not I guess I will just work summers and save up for during the school year because this is a whole new ball game and I assume I will be studying much much more than I did when I was in school for criminal justice! Scared! Hoping to get in! Good luck to you also!
- Good Luck To You As Well! I will be applying to both Asn & Bsn program hopefully for the fall of 2012 if everything goes according to plan. Math is my weakness, I should be alright with the sciences. I hope you get into the program.