Phi theta kappa?Register Today!
- by DaisyRenee Feb 21I have received an invitation to join my cc chapter of ptk, is it worth it? What exactly are the benefits?
- Feb 21 by ozoianDon't do it. As a nursing student you think it will look good on a resume, but unless you hold a position (and in reality do you have to time run for a position with NCLEX and job searching/interviews?) it really doesn't do much for you.
I paid 90 for a local chapter my final year of nursing school. Wish I hadn't spent that money.
- Feb 22 by rubatoI decided not to. It was an extra $75 for something that I just didn't need. I already have a scholarship, so I didn't need that aspect. It has no scholarships available for my bridge to BSN when I get done with my ADN. I have absolutely no time for anything extra right now.
- Feb 22 by bubblejet50I joined it for a resume builder since I really didnt do much extracurriculars in college
- Feb 22 by zoe92I joined it. My fee was around $50. It's something to put on my resume & some of the state schools I applied to (I was took pre reqs at cc & transferring to a 4 year school for a BSN) gave me specific scholarships for being a member (up to 5k, which I appreciate).
- Feb 22 by eatmysoxRNI was in it. Potential scholarships later and it looked good on my resume. Took a few days for volunteering requirements but nothing too extreme.
~ No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent -Eleanor Roosevelt ~
- Feb 22 by CupcakeMonsterHeya!
I joined Phi Theta Kappa because it looks good on your resume, and not only that, but I get an extra 1000$ per year as a PTK scholarship. It might not sound like much, but every bit helps!
Totally up to you, but the 75$ I spent inititally has paid off
Good luck to you!
Quote from DaisyReneeI have received an invitation to join my cc chapter of ptk, is it worth it? What exactly are the benefits?
- Feb 22 by DaisyReneeThank you everyone for the replies!
- Feb 22 by StayHumble11I'm in it, resume builder and sometimes u can go on cool trips. Scholarships are possible too
- Feb 22 by jeepgrl015I joined my cc chapter for a resume builder and an nursing application builder as well. I also received an extra 3k to the BSN program I applied for and the admission counselor said to take advantage of anything that will make me stand out. Congratulations and good luck!