Phi theta kappa?
- 0Feb 21, '13 by DaisyReneeI have received an invitation to join my cc chapter of ptk, is it worth it? What exactly are the benefits?
- 605 Visits
- 0Feb 21, '13 by ozoianDon't do it. As a nursing student you think it will look good on a resume, but unless you hold a position (and in reality do you have to time run for a position with NCLEX and job searching/interviews?) it really doesn't do much for you.
I paid 90 for a local chapter my final year of nursing school. Wish I hadn't spent that money.
- 1Feb 22, '13 by zoe92I joined it. My fee was around $50. It's something to put on my resume & some of the state schools I applied to (I was took pre reqs at cc & transferring to a 4 year school for a BSN) gave me specific scholarships for being a member (up to 5k, which I appreciate).
- 0Feb 22, '13 by CupcakeMonsterHeya!
I joined Phi Theta Kappa because it looks good on your resume, and not only that, but I get an extra 1000$ per year as a PTK scholarship. It might not sound like much, but every bit helps!
Totally up to you, but the 75$ I spent inititally has paid off
Good luck to you!
Quote from DaisyReneeI have received an invitation to join my cc chapter of ptk, is it worth it? What exactly are the benefits?
- 1Feb 22, '13 by jeepgrl015I joined my cc chapter for a resume builder and an nursing application builder as well. I also received an extra 3k to the BSN program I applied for and the admission counselor said to take advantage of anything that will make me stand out. Congratulations and good luck!