A&P I Spring 2013 - page 19

by meeep

20,490 Views | 360 Comments

I did not see another thread, so I thought I would start one for fellow students to chat and get support. Anyone else taking A&P I this spring?... Read More


  1. 0
    Of course it depends on the student. What you find difficult I might find easy, and vice versa. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. It also has a lot to do with how you learn.
  2. 0
    Okay took the first lecture exam today am confident for a B but hoping for an A. I was unsure on 6 questions but I'm pretty confident I got them correct by working logically. Also, have lab practical on Thursday and I HATE THE BONE MARKINGS OF THE SKULL... I have everything else down pat but if I have to figure out on more type of barely perceptible line, ridge, or crest... Or try to remember which hole is which on the inferior skull I may cry!
  3. 0
    It seems as though i didn't make my point very clear. At our school, the professors flat out told us that this class was going to be much more difficult than general A & P. That is why I said that the organization of the curriculum between our school and other must be different.
  4. 0
    I don't see why the material would be much different. If your A&P 2 credit is transferable to other schools (which I'm sure it is), that means the material matches that of the A&P 2 in another school.
  5. 0
    Quote from janellybelly
    I don't see why the material would be much different. If your A&P 2 credit is transferable to other schools (which I'm sure it is), that means the material matches that of the A&P 2 in another school.
    Its not the material that is different, but what is covered vs Gen to Advanced... and the credits are only transferable if both are taken at the school. Other two year programs in the area do not have the same agreements with the BSN programs.

    So after taking both classes, you get all the same info, just in a different order, if that makes sense at all... haha.

    Like I said, ours isn't called I and II, it is General and Advanced. More of an interesting observation than anything else.
  6. 0
    Quote from Alisonisayoshi
    Okay took the first lecture exam today am confident for a B but hoping for an A. I was unsure on 6 questions but I'm pretty confident I got them correct by working logically. Also, have lab practical on Thursday and I HATE THE BONE MARKINGS OF THE SKULL... I have everything else down pat but if I have to figure out on more type of barely perceptible line, ridge, or crest... Or try to remember which hole is which on the inferior skull I may cry!
    Oh my gosh, you and me both! I can't seem to keep all the markings and foramina straight Thankfully my practical isn't until next week.

    Ross, that makes sense actually, I know at my school, we don't do some if the more complex systems until A&P II. I can see why they would call it advanced.
  7. 0
    There is a great set on Quizlet for the skull that's pretty cool because you have to spell it all!
  8. 0
    Meeep...

    Our instructor did some explaining about the pace of the class and said that our General A & P is taught at a high school level, and the Advanced is taught at a Bachelor's level or higher. Esentially, we do 25%-30% of the work in General, and the remaining 70%-75% in advanced. Because of this, we do things out of order it seems. We started Adv. this semester with Neural Physiology, and went straight into cardiac physiology...
  9. 0
    I love that most of you guys are a section ahead of me! My course didn't start until Jan 28th. I have my Histology/ Integumentary exam tomorrow (both a 70 question written exam and a 30 slide identification exam), what was the worst part of that unit for you? We didn't cover Integumentary at all in class, so I'm having to learn it on my own time, I was worried I wasn't studying the right stuff, so I'm just memorizing the whole chapter.
  10. 0
    Oh wow, my class started on Jan. 7, and my exam tomorrow (the second one) is on Tissues, Integumentary and part of the Skeletal System. Integ was a pretty concise chapter. I feel like that was one of the easiest to learn thus far. I am confident you will be fine!

    My lab is a separate class, and I have my first practical exam in there on Thursday. It's mainly identifying loads of slides, cell anatomy, skin anatomy, and of course all the bones and their markings.

    I also have a Statistics midterm, a History essay, and a Human Development project all due this week, so I'm freaking out a little!


Top