A&P "coloring book"??Register Today!
- by butterflykisses23 Aug 16, '12I am going to pick up my books tomorrow and for A&P theres a "coloring book"...is this really what I think it is? And if so, do I really need it? I'm taking A&P online and the professor told me I don't have to have it. I don't want to miss out on a learning tool if maybe it is worth getting. Any advice?Last edit by Joe V on Aug 16, '12 : Reason: removed bold
- Aug 16, '12 by michelle24I bought it a month ago on Amazon, and find it a big help. It was only $11.00.
- Aug 16, '12 by RunnerRN2b2014I didn't buy the coloring book but I did find it helpful to find coloring sheets for the muscles and bones (esp skull).
- Aug 16, '12 by britthohenbrinkIf you are a visual learner it may help you out with the anatomy part of A&P.... I got it and used it mainly for the bones and muscles since there were so many to learn. I think it helped.
- Aug 16, '12 by SaysfaaI could have passed the class without them, probably even gotten an A - I could tell more or less where things belonged from pictures and descriptions. But by the time I finished coloring a part I knew how it fit in with surrounding parts to a much, much greater degree - my hand could see better than my eye.
It does help visual learners but it also helps kinestic learners and even if you are primarily auditory - having a variety ways to study is helpful.
Some are better than others. Kapit is probably the standard - for good reason.
- Aug 16, '12 by Boxer MamaI bought one and did the first page and then never opened it again, for A&P I or II. I can see where it would help, but I ended up using pictures from lab to study from instead. They are not too expensive, so better to have it available if you need to use it.
- Aug 16, '12 by RNsRWeGuess I'd have to be in the group that bought it, colored some, and found it rather unnecessary. I tend to be a "hands-on" learner, so I figured it would give me an edge. I don't believe it did.
But the coloring was nice therapy, lol....
- Aug 16, '12 by LadyLeo75michelle24 what was the name of the coloring book you got from amazon i think i am gonna get it. I start class Sept 6 and i need all the help i can get.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 16, '12 : Reason: fix bb code/formatting
- Aug 16, '12 by demylenatedI think I have a PDF version. Let me check.