Online science classesRegister Today!
- by MAK29 Nov 24, '11I am currently working my pre-rec's for nursing. Has anyone gotten into an RN program were the classes were online? My husband is in the military and we will be moving next year. I am currently a full time student but because of my priority status for registration I can not get into the classes as fast as I would like. I don't know were we will get stationed so I have idea were I will go for nursing school. I've been researching nursing school requirements so I have a good idea of what I will need. I need organic chemistry, anatomy, physiology and micro. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=645533©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 547 Views
- Nov 28, '11 by ChattNurseHopefulI'm in a&p 1 online now (lab on campus though) and really like it! Next semester I'm taking a&p2 online but, the lab is in person. I'm taking these through Chattanooga State Community College.
- Nov 28, '11 by leenakI would check with the schools you are applying to. Many won't accept online science classes.
- Nov 29, '11 by maccheeseI would make sure to take the classes at a local brick and mortal school (or which ever is close.) Whether its a community college or state university, they will usually let you take the classes online, even if you're out of the area. I took A & P 2 online because of time contraints and will be starting the RN program in January. I also noticed in a couple of my online class that those who were out of state or not local, had to make arrangements to take their final exams in their area (this probably wouldn't work with lab classes as most of the time, these have to be on campus.)
- Nov 29, '11 by ProVisionColorI'm doing all my science pre-reqs online. Checkout Excelsior college for exam based credit (study and then just take the final exam, tough, but good), and I would also checkout the University of New England. They have an awesome med school there and they offer a whole slew of online science pre-reqs all designed for distance learning. You do NOT need to be local. I'm going to take Micro and most likely Organic and Bio-Chem through them.