Online Organic Chemistry
- 0Dec 26, '12 by strife317Does anyone know of any Online Organic Chemistry Courses other than the class offered UNE?
- 1,061 Visits
- 0Dec 26, '12 by elkparkAlso, if you find one, be sure that you know whether the school you would be wanting to transfer the course into requires a lab component or not, and that the specific course you want to take will be accepted by the school. You don't want to find out after you've put in the time, money, and effort that the course doesn't meet the school's requirements.
- 1Dec 27, '12 by chorkleStrife--
Agree with wish_me_luck (and elkpark's advice, suggestions, should never be overlooked) . . .
Organic chemistry on-line? No classroom interaction with instructor & other students? No office hours available? No lab?
Likely to be unproductive, I'm thinking. Well, you might get "credit" for the "course." I'd seriously question how much understanding of the subject you'd acquire. (Of course, if that's not your objective, well, then . . .)
College "credit" for smth one doesn't really understand--can explain any aspect of it, to someone who knows nothing about it--seems to me an abomination of the first rank, akin to the ever-present problem of grade inflation. But perhaps this may not apply to your situation.
- 0Dec 27, '12 by WillLeads2WayDon't know if you're asking about a specific school (I look at postings under "what's new") but I would strongly recommend not taking it online unless you're great at chemistry.
I was a bio major in college and remember this being my most challenging class (plus the only 2 profs we had at my school were terrible). Of course, this doesn't mean that it'd be challenging for you, but....
- 0Dec 28, '12 by strife317Thank you everyone for the quick response .
I've taken both organic I & II in the past, but my credits are just past 10 years. Unfortunately the BSN program will not accept these credits and I would have to retake organic I. I was looking for an alternative such as an online course or credit by exam. I used excelsiors credit by exam for A&P, instead of retaking the class.