- 0Jan 10, '12 by fadedflower79I believe this company is fraudulently charging their customers by advertising schools that do not participate in this centralized application process. They advertise a list of participating schools and allow their customers to select from the list and the customers are then charged an application fee. However, they have schools on their list that do not actually communicate with. When I learned I selected, and was charged $35, for a school that does not use NursingCAS, I informed CAS in writing. I requested the school be removed from their list and I requested a refund. I was never contacted nor was my card credited. I see that the school is still on this list which I find remarkable as they are now knowingly engaged in false advertisement which leads to the purchase of a service they are not actually providing. I spoke to a *****on 5 Jan 12 @ 0928 and was told a supervisor would return my call in 24-48 hours. I spoke to a *****on 6 Jan 12 @ 1336 (I called myself) and was told they would not provide a refund and I needed to talk to the school. Since CAS is the one who seems to have gained my application fee, I was speaking to who I needed to be speaking to. I was never provided any answers and ***** refused to discuss anything further with me nor was I allowed to speak to her manager. I believe this company is stealing money from people who think they are applying to a school and in reality the school has no ties with this business.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Oct 16, '12 : Reason: ToS--names removed
- 2,421 Views
- 0Jan 10, '12 by fadedflower79Additionally, I obtained an official transcript from a local college and they refused to load it since it was issued to me. Fair enough, so I had The college send one direct on 11Nov11. When CAS still said the transcript was not received I had them send a 3rd transcript on 9Dec11. Friday was my deadline and it still wasn't loaded so I went back to the college and obtained a FOURTH transcript and had it delivered overnight!! Then CAS emailed (finally a response from them - I nearly had heart failure) and they told me they wouldn't load it either since it was issued to me!! Seriously CAS?!?! Seriously?! They are official, sealed and stamped transcripts! So I guess I have an incomplete application and my future is in limbo. It's been a sad day and I feel defeated by this company.
- 0Oct 16, '12 by fadedflower79I encourage you to submit a Better Business Bureau complaint if they fail to process your paperwork. This company is messing with people's future due to their inability to process received documents and then fails to apply appropriate customer service and fix their mistake. The company will not step up their game, or enhance the practices or customer service until enough people file their experiences. I wish you the best of luck... I could not get into the school I needed to be in because of NursingCAS. It is a sad situation for all involved. Keep pressing!!
- 0Feb 7, '13 by BRE5013Does anyone have an update on what ended up happening with their NursingCAS application? I just used this site to apply to Georgetown (who does actually use the site) and my experience has been absolutely horrible so far!! Also, my payment was tracked and received by them and they still have the status of my payment as "not received" and have not sent my application to the school (therefore making it late). I'm super nervous!!!
- 1Feb 10, '13 by jh408Quote from BRE5013A lot of the time it's because they don't update your application statuses even if they have already received it. It may be there but they just haven't updated your application status. During the holidays, I sent over my transcript and even though it had been received Dec 26th, it did not show up on my application until mid January, I believe.Does anyone have an update on what ended up happening with their NursingCAS application? I just used this site to apply to Georgetown (who does actually use the site) and my experience has been absolutely horrible so far!! Also, my payment was tracked and received by them and they still have the status of my payment as "not received" and have not sent my application to the school (therefore making it late). I'm super nervous!!!
I'm sure it will all arrive in time if you sent it a good time before the deadline. I was honestly in the exact same position as you last month with my application being due and not being able to see if things had been sent or arrived yet.
If the transaction was made over the weekend, it will probably be processed the next 2-3 business days since their hours are only from Mon-Fri. Hope all goes well for you!
- 0Feb 18, '13 by ShanghaiGirlI have no advice but I have been through the same thing with NursingCAS, they are terrible. They lost THREE of my transcripts. All the other nursing schools received them, but NursingCAS says they never got them. So basically, they lost them. I complained and demanded to speak to a manger. Magically, one of the three appeared. It had been mis-filed and they were able to find it because I complained loudly enough. But I had to have the other two re-sent. Also, they take SIX weeks to "process" the transcripts, so you have to wait six weeks to realize you'll need to request them all over again and wait another six weeks. After this admissions process is over I'll be writing a detailed letter to the schools I applied to who work with NursingCAS to advise that they stop using it.
- 0Feb 18, '13 by BrittasticI agree, they are terrible. I put 6 references down, and NOT ONE received an email from them! I had to delete and re-enter them SEVERAL times before 5 of the 6 finally got the email, one never did. Also took well over a month for my transcripts to show up. When I tried to call I got a recorded message saying they were sorry, the call volume was too high to take my call, and then it disconnected me. When I emailed I got an automated "be patient" response. SO FRUSTRATING! Still waiting for my GPA to be calculated, I'll be glad when I'm done with them!