Nursing School Letter of Intent Essay HelpRegister Today!
- by tira98 Aug 10, '11I am completing my nursing application and need help writing my letter of intent essay. Does anyone have a sample that they don't mind sharing?
- Aug 13, '11 by cindypls3Hi,
I just wrote from my heart. I didn't look at anyone elses. I wanted it to be something that when it was read the commitee knew it came from
me. I tried to write it as if I was talking to my best friend, it took me all day, I would answer one question they asked and go do housework
And coe back and do more. This took the stress out of it.
- Aug 13, '11 by tira98thanks
- Aug 14, '11 by AliFI'm not going to post mine, but it talks about when I realized I wanted to be a nurse. For me, the story has to do with my son's NICU stay and wanting to be one of those women who not only were taking life saving care of my son, but were there for me as well.
It's not super long (about 300 words) and I will need to cut it to 250 for some applications. Just write why you want to be a nurse.
- Aug 14, '11 by GamerGirL337With mine it honestly took forever, a month of rewriting, editing, and ultimately help from members here...i have a post a few pages back asking for help with the same thing! lol
First off it depends on what they asked for? every school has their own questions to be answered in the essay....our was pretty simple and just asked for our goals and why we wanted to go to that school and why we wanted to be a nurse...all in one page...that was the most difficult part...i just spoke from the heart and wrote about my experiences in life and how that pushed me to pursue nursing.
They don't need a sob story, but it always helps to be a little mushy and give honest experiences, you may be questioned about it later, so don't lie...the worst thing you can do is lie about things it will come back to haunt you....
but seriously just speak from the heart....